View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2006, 11:25 AM
House is post war I am afraid The fence post running through the middle is the Dog Run that is never used now, we used to use it as it runs straight off the sunlounge and this was ideal when we had a Litter. The little bit of paving OH did, but I think we really need to get rid of the Run as I would prefer an area down the bottom of the garden for 'Dog business'

The garden measures 110foot x 20foot
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Ooh more lovely gardens. Including your sweep It's so big!
I am moving next week so I will be able to post a before photo soon. The garden is very small though So not sure what I can do in it, but I think I'll have fun anyway.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Sweep you posted - Thank you. And that garden is such a fantastic space. I agree with Steve - a meandering path with seating areas and if a brick path is a lttle much to start with try a gravel path with stepping stone easy to do, even I can do that. I love the tree at the bottom I imagine it is a godsend in the heat of the summer with the shade and the possiblities of what to grow underneath is almost endless.
A lovely garden.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Everyones garden is lovely so nice to see such a variation Thanks everyone. Off to have my tea now
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Wicked! I am really enjoying this thread, and it looks like all of you are too.

We, well OH built a pergola over the slabs today, and I bought some climbers, Honeysuckle & Clematis to train up and over the posts.

It has been dry all day, windy and still a bit chilly at times, but the sun was out most of the day.

I will try to post a picture tomorrow ....
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Hi all
This is a lovely thread, thought you may like to see my garden...
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...idedogs006.jpg

it's a bit scruffy, but we like to think of it as a bit of a wildlife garden, we have a small pond to the right of the dog!!!
It's also a bit of a playground for my son and his friends, as you can probably tell.
We don't normally let the dogs onto the grass part now (haven't for the last year as we had no grass or plants left!) and the plants are all starting to thrive again which is nice. The dogs have out patio and are allowed on the grass on special occassions (like to have their pic taken before they fo for training sob!!!!!) We returfed some in the autumn and the bulbs have still come through it, so we're planning on throwing down some wildflower seeds and leaving that croner to go a bit mad....that's the plan til it starts to annoy us anyway!!!!
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...apr2006057.jpg

what do you think???!!!!!

The fence in this one marks where their bit ends!!!!!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz
Sweep you posted - Thank you. And that garden is such a fantastic space. I agree with Steve - a meandering path with seating areas and if a brick path is a lttle much to start with try a gravel path with stepping stone easy to do, even I can do that. I love the tree at the bottom I imagine it is a godsend in the heat of the summer with the shade and the possiblities of what to grow underneath is almost endless.
A lovely garden.
I love the tree too, but have yet to make full use of its shade in summer, very rarely get down to the bottom, YET
The Dog run can definately go which will give the width back at the top end, love the idea of the path too.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Thats a lovely garden, I like the idea of throwing a pack of wildlife seeds about I am doing similar in my front garden but going to move a few things first. But the idea at the front is a cottage garden or indeed a variation on a cottage garden Hope yours takes off I believe you can ow even buy wildlife turf - already seeded with sildlife slowers and grasses ingenious.

Karen
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 01:02 PM
didn't know that Kazz, had heard you could plant things like camomile in a lawn though and it will thrive! I'd love to have a nice cottage garden, that would be a drea, perhaps when my son's a bit older and isn't likely to destroy it!!!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Some beautiful gardens on this thread quite inspiring
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »