Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Animal Concern Cumbria
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-01-2006, 05:30 PM

Sasha - Dobermann cross - aged 10

Sasha has never known the security of a loving home.

Linda Lockney, of Animal Concern, said: “She can bark rather a lot at people she doesn’t know and we think that is what is slightly off-putting about her, but when she gets to know someone, she is lovely. I think she would be ideal for a single person.”

We fear she will never find the right owner with the time, patience and love to help her shine.

Linda says that Sasha adores children and is excellent with other dogs and shows affection to those she trusts; she is frightened of older men after being kicked by one.

She is loyal, well-behaved and sweet-natured.

Her only vice is eating stones. She will eat them whenever she can so needs to wear a muzzle when she’s out and off the lead.

We think this may be the reason why she hasn’t been rehomed, as muzzles are more commonly used for aggressive dogs. But she is not at all vicious, in fact is the complete opposite once you get to know her. :smt049
(Sasha has had three operations to remove stones from her stomach and she needs to be muzzled to safeguard her well-being).

Sasha is otherwise in good health, has been fully vaccinated, wormed and spayed, but she urgently needs to find a patient new owner to see through her stone-eating to the gorgeous dog she really is.

Will this be the year that Sasha finds the loving and devoted owner she has never had?

If you are interested in offering Sasha a permanent home, please contact Linda: 01900 61669
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2006, 06:53 PM
i really hope she finds her forever home.....she sounds fab...and so what if she eats stones! some dogs eat a lot worse!!!
kayla
New Member!
Female 

24-01-2006, 12:43 AM
i would love to see sasha and see if me and my animal mad daughter could take to her as we live right next to fields... we have never had a dog before but would love one for no matter what reason that its not been fostered before , and we live in carlisle not to far i hope as would love the chance to see this dog if not some others that need a good loving home
Animal Concern Cumbria
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by kayla
i would love to see sasha and see if me and my animal mad daughter could take to her as we live right next to fields... we have never had a dog before but would love one for no matter what reason that its not been fostered before , and we live in carlisle not to far i hope as would love the chance to see this dog if not some others that need a good loving home
I've sent you a PM
Harry's Dad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Can't believe such a sweetie has not been taken home and loved in all this time. I may be able to help, have left a message on your answerphone and with John.

Looking to give a new life to a neglected pooch, found Sasha whilst looking into it, might be love at first site.

I already have a chocolate lab, who loves everyone and particularly fond of other dogs, but also likes hamsters, rabbits, horses, sheep, cows.....could go on and on, he's just a big love machine.

Its time he had a friend, as when we either stay with friends or they come to us with dogs he is sooo happy. Wasn't looking for any particular age, type, size of dog. Just has to get on with Harry, would be nice if they also liked the wife and kid but not essential (only kidding sweethearts!).

Please get in touch and see if we can give Sasha the life she deserves.

Steve
Animal Concern Cumbria
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi Steve, Linda has just got off the phone from me (Amanda) and says you are lovely I do hope you manage to get down to the kennels at the weekend and please give her a chance. She doesn't exactly sell herself well in the kennel but I'm sure linda's explained everything to you already.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you, Harry and of course Sasha...
Harry's Dad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Had a chat to Linda, what a good lass. Really looking forward to meeting Sasha on Saturday. She may have some minor problems, but nothing that we can't sort out with a bit of patience and encouragement.

Will keep you posted how it goes.

Steve
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Oooooh fingers crossed!!!!

Real hope for a sucessful rehoming, looks like she deserves it!

As does Harry! And his Dad!
Eavesy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh, I'm so pleased for Sasha, she really is a lovely dog!!! Good luck Steve.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2006, 04:50 PM
oh what good news, you must let us know what happens
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >