Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 01:10 PM

Automatic Washing Machines!

Had to get a new washer a couple of months back because I had worn the other one out I decided on another Hotpoint one again because the other one had been pretty good for the amount that I used it. I was told in the shop that nearly all makes of washer are just cold fill now and that this is more economical and environmentally friendly. Why is it that we have to be forced to buy environmentally friendly products whether we like it or not. I have put the washer on this morning and it has left all the powder behind and washed without it because the cold water doesn't dissolve the powder the same as the hot water did. I have to remember to put a cup of hot water in so that it will take the powder. When they have these wonderful ideas - why doesn't somebody test them out first from all angles before they put them on the market because a machine that washes without powder isn't much good is it
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh that's a bit pants isn't it. No pun intended
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 01:46 PM
I find washing tablets (Ariel) seem to dissolve with both hot and cold water no trouble, give them a go see if it's any better
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:11 PM
OH I know this feeling..

I have to do this with our washing machine too.. or I stand and bang the drawer door to make the powder dissapear into the drum
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Oh I'm glad it isn't just me then I wish I could go back to an hot and cold fill one though - I wouldn't have bought this machine if I had realised this
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
I find washing tablets (Ariel) seem to dissolve with both hot and cold water no trouble, give them a go see if it's any better

Thanks CC - Where do the tablets go - directly into the washing machine drum? I will have to give them a try because I have had to wash the same clothes twice today and its no use hanging them out now because it will be dark soon
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by minky
Oh that's a bit pants isn't it. No pun intended

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:24 PM
sorry for the cheese

You can buy tablets that can go in your drum too. They go in a little drawstring net bag in with your clothes. I sometimes use Aquados. I think I got them in Tesco. They are little shrink wrapped packages of powder that go straight into the druum. No muss, no fuss just clean clothes. Does that sound like an advert?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by minky
sorry for the cheese

You can buy tablets that can go in your drum too. They go in a little drawstring net bag in with your clothes. I sometimes use Aquados. I think I got them in Tesco. They are little shrink wrapped packages of powder that go straight into the druum. No muss, no fuss just clean clothes. Does that sound like an advert?

Thanks Minky - I will look out for those in Tesco. Yes you would be good at doing advertising slogans
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Thanks Minky - I will look out for those in Tesco. Yes you would be good at doing advertising slogans
LOL maybe I change my career lol
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »