Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Mind you, this is the 22nd time in my life that I move house! (and I'm only 28!) and the 7th time in the last 3 years.
Good heavens Florence, I thought I had moved a lot in my lifetime but 22 times beats me (just)

When I was younger (like wot Tang is ) I too thought it was exciting and I never had a problem settling into a new home, but now I'm not so sure. Our big move (comming up in September) is currently being planned around our Rianna, she has never known anywhere but here so it has to be done properly and she must never be left withour one of us around (Luckily having elbowed the day job we can do that )
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Good luck with the move!! Where are you moving to?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 01:33 PM
You sound a bit like my mum! She was the one who moved us around so much. But I changed school 3 times. At one point she planned to emigrate to Canada, and at one point she planned to move to Beirut! (none of which happened cos of money and war issues)

I probably have some of her nomad genes (even when we didn't move house, my brother and sister and I frequently swapped rooms over for a change), but I'm now a bit sick of it.
No I stayed put until the kids had been right through school. Apart from Jen who had just gone 'into the juniors' and didn't like it there so we were in the process of looking for a better school. It was only Jen who came with me by then. And she was happy as a pig in muck growing up in beautiful west Cornwall and Devon. She goes back there often. But wouldn't move back that far now she is working on the outskirts of London.

Most of my moves were made before I had any children from age 18 to about 30 when my second boy was born and I moved out of London. When I was a single career girl I moved every time I found a nicer bedsit or a place nearer the tube station lol! I'd perfected the art and could get everything I owned into my car.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 01:38 PM
I'll always remember when I moved from near Heathrow Airport in Middx to Berkshire with my two lads (both pre school then) and my GSD. We'd loaded everything into the lorry and cars and my pal Bob emerged from the house carrying my huge GSD like a baby in his arms and dumped her in the front seat of the lorry saying 'SHE is coming with ME!'

Gawd I still miss that dog and she's been gone almost 24 yrs.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Good luck with the move!! Where are you moving to?
Suffolk, we have the house, just got to get everybody and everything the 800 odd miles from one to t'other
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Yeah sometimes it did feel like we lived in a what we called providurium (sort of a provisional durable solution). Living with some boxes premanently packed

I think the shortest I've lived somewhere was 6 weeks. That was when I moved to London and the room I rented was leaking water, the electricity was faulty and there was so much mould that all my clothes got ruined! And my next door neighbour liked listening to hardcore techno to wake up... after a month I was such a nervous wreck with an anxiety and depression disorder that I had to leave. On my last day there, when taking the sheets off the bed I found a false black widow spider in my bed! It was the worst time in my life!
Well there you go! I spent 3 months in New Zealand in the same house on holiday, I have genuinely stayed in holiday accommodation longer than you have stayed in at least one house
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
You might well have Jen. I sometimes say I've got shoes I've had longer than I had some of my husbands
Hahaha oh what a life you've led T!
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Suffolk, we have the house, just got to get everybody and everything the 800 odd miles from one to t'other
Wow that's quite a distance, we're only moving about 10mins further south in Bristol Good luck with it! I hope it all goes well
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Well there you go! I spent 3 months in New Zealand in the same house on holiday, I have genuinely stayed in holiday accommodation longer than you have stayed in at least one house
Wow! Must have been nice there for that long!

Well I hope my moving about will end soon, I hope the new place will last a few years
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 09:57 PM
My germ of an idea to move to a beachfront house is now dead in the water.

Went to see it today to get the tel no. Had only seen it from the beach and couldn't read it that far away. Also wanted to see it on a blustery, rainy dull day too. Closer up I saw there were perfectly manicured lawns and stuff outside twixt houses and the beach. Not my scene at all. Imagine if Bella peed on the velvet sward!

Anyway the sign had gone. Whether it blew down in the recent storm or someone had rented it I don't know.

Bella stopped short of the grass anyway! Then headed back down to the sea where she had the pebble beach all to herself!

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >