View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Ohh! Just remembered that when my sis rented a farmhouse in Alresford she had no prob with them taking pets. But I guess out in the countryside most people not only have dogs but have no objection to others having them either.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Just did a quick google for rentals south bristol allow pets and there are some here
http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/prop...rooms/bristol/

Of course lots will depend on how much rent you can pay.

My eldest pays £1,200 per month in Bath and no pets allowed.
Daughter was paying £1,300 per month in Reading and no pets allowed.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm on a MISSION NOW! Look what I just found

http://www.thelettinggame.co.uk/Cont...ting-Game.aspx

Are you struggling to find a pad for you and your pooch or a crib for your cat?

We know that there are thousands of you out there facing the possibility of giving up your beloved pets in order to secure a suitable home. That is why we set up The Petting Game, a dedicated service for animal lovers who rent.

Having realised the benefits to both landlords and tenants of negotiating deals where pets are welcome, the staff at The Letting Game decided to put our heads together...... and soon enough, The Petting Game was born.

How The Petting Game Scheme Works
As a tenant renting a property through The Petting Game, you will be given the following benefits:

· You and you pet(s) can live in a home where you are both welcome,

· All contracts are an initial 1 year (unless stated otherwise) so you don’t have to struggle to find properties every 6 months,

· Specific terms included in the Tenancy Agreement ensure the property is left in an acceptable condition for the Landlord,

· A six week deposit will be collected to ensure you are committed to keeping the property respectable,

· An extra 4% will be added to the monthly rent to cover pet related maintenance work needed when you leave.
Participating Properties
To help you find the properties that are participating in The Petting Game scheme, we will put The Petting Game Logo in the front picture. This will appear on our website and all the websites that we advertise on, e.g Rightmove, Zoopla etc. This logo means that the property is part of the scheme and that pets will be considered.
You can have the 1 bed flat next door to me (sea view) for a mere €275 a month but your fares to work will be rather high!
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Oooh thanks Tang!! That's really helpful, I'll have a snoop around there.
We're looking for a 1-2 bedroom flat or house for up to 680 pcm. There are loads like that, but we're restricted because we want a garden and obviously because of the pets.

I'd love to live out on the countryside but at the moment, because I have to go home over lunch to see my dog, I have to rent somewhere near my work.

Losos, I've still not met the landlord of the flat I live in now! They're so elusive lol. We got the flat through and estate agency and put down the deposit and everything through them. Then we met a guy from the property management that looks after the building the day we moved in. The actual owner lives in spain! So unless it's private, you never really see the person deciding wether dogs are allowed or not
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Hi Losos. Yes I know it's the opposite in UK for renting to what it is here at the mo.
And almost all landlords are using agents even if only to find the original tenant and not to do the ongoing management.
They want HUGE security deposits, proof of earnings, utility bills, addresses for past 3 or more years.
The house letting scene varies fron country to country, for example I don't think I would want to be a landlord in Czechland, it was recently estimated that 50% of all working people don't pay tax (or only a fraction of what they owe) so getting rent paid would be a problem I guess.
And even within country things can change, for 35 years the area around Mildenhall & Lakenheath was a gold mine for landlords when the US Air Force bases had upwards of 30,000 personel looking for places. But in the last ten years all that has changed, the budget cuts have reduced the base personal down to 8,000 and the security threat has meant all families now have to live 'on base' so houses around there are just not selling, unless the owner is willing to accept half the asking price, which allegedly some are doing.

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
I'm on a MISSION NOW! Look what I just found
http://www.thelettinggame.co.uk/Cont...ting-Game.aspx
Excellant find, that should help Florence

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
I'd love to live out on the countryside but at the moment, because I have to go home over lunch to see my dog, I have to rent somewhere near my work.

The actual owner lives in spain! So unless it's private, you never really see the person deciding wether dogs are allowed or not
I agree that if the owner lives abroad it will not be possible to meet them.
If I recall there are some villages close to Bristol, maybe one of them will have place to rent.
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2014, 02:26 PM
I know what you are going through. We ended up trawling the local papers for private lettings and actually landed on our feet witht eh first property we looked at! I immediately said "weve got 2 dogs, is that a problem?" and she replied, "no not at all we love dogs here! " I am driving 11 miles further to work, but we have a fab cottage and are now fostering a third dog too! Might be worth looking to the outskirts of Bristol too as rural rents have lowered considerably and you might be surprised. But do look out for the private ads. Our landlady wanted to ensure she met and vetted the tenents herself as we are her only neighbours and we dog sit for her as part of our agreement. It works very well, but we are still trying to move to Devon, so will have to go through it all again sometime - unless I can find a job with a house?!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 09:51 AM
A very different scene in each country..

Here in Ireland the big letting site is daft ie and landlords can specify no pets... although one said pets are fine but he drew the line at snakes..

As I choose rural areas I can always take the dogs. The current landlord and I assessed each other; he needed to know the dogs are under my control as this is sheep and cattle country and I needed to know his fences were dog proof.

Our big ban here is on Rent Allowance which we on pensions and lower incomes can get. Welfare contributes a lareg part of the rent but there are limits on what rent you can rent at in each county so that limits.
Tenancy Law is in its infancy here.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 02:12 PM
As I mentioned in a different thread we've now found a place!!
I'm so excited and also a bit scared. It's a 2 bedroom house and I just put the deposit down earlier today!
Finally, we'll have a garden where Ella can run around, and a big kitchen with lots of space and 2 bedrooms (1 that will be used as a study for both of us, and I can finally have a proper sewing table!)

We got really lucky, I saw the ad 3 minutes after it was put up and rang up a minute before they closed the office! I arranged to be the first to view the property and after seeing it (even though they had to show it to the 10 other interested parties too) I went straight home and wrote them an email saying we want it. I rang up this morning as well just when the office opened and expressed our interest again!
After a period of (horribly worried) waiting, I got the call

It seemed never to be a problem that we have a dog as long as she's friendly to humans (which she is, she loves them).

Got lucky! Now just got to find the best way to move without freaking the dog out.. but we have a 13 day overlap period so we'll be able to take it slow which really helps!

Thanks again for everybody's tips and help, really appreciated!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
As I mentioned in a different thread we've now found a place!!
I'm so excited and also a bit scared. It's a 2 bedroom house and I just put the deposit down earlier today!
Finally, we'll have a garden where Ella can run around, and a big kitchen with lots of space and 2 bedrooms (1 that will be used as a study for both of us, and I can finally have a proper sewing table!)

We got really lucky, I saw the ad 3 minutes after it was put up and rang up a minute before they closed the office! I arranged to be the first to view the property and after seeing it (even though they had to show it to the 10 other interested parties too) I went straight home and wrote them an email saying we want it. I rang up this morning as well just when the office opened and expressed our interest again!
After a period of (horribly worried) waiting, I got the call

It seemed never to be a problem that we have a dog as long as she's friendly to humans (which she is, she loves them).

Got lucky! Now just got to find the best way to move without freaking the dog out.. but we have a 13 day overlap period so we'll be able to take it slow which really helps!

Thanks again for everybody's tips and help, really appreciated!
It's such good news Florence. If you are really worried that all the upheaval of the move itself might severely affect your dog, would you consider having her boarded for a night or so until everything is in situ at the new place?

This is what my pal who moved from Luton to Kent did as they were so worried that they would either have to shut them in a room and have howling upsetting the neighbours before they even moved in! Or that the dog would be upset with the removal men 'touching all their stuff' or whatever.

Worked very well. He went and collected her and brought her to the new place where all familiar stuff was already in place and didn't have any problems.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Thanks Tang
Yes I think thats how I'll do it. Because we've got 13 days where we've got both the flat and the house, what I'll do is to take a load of boxes and stuff and Ella with me in the evening and go over to the house, play with her there and feed her there every evening for a week or so. That way she gets to see it and has a positive association with the new place before actually moving. Then, when it comes to moving all the big stuff with the van, I'll see if Shane's Dad can take her for the day, and in the evening we'll take her back into the new house.
Hopefully she'll think it's all a bit of good fun that way
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »