View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi in my past life was a chartered Accountant,and one of my jobs not my fav,was getting info together for situations like that,If she can prove that she was paying into the house with bank statements,even if she hasnt got them she can get copies,shopping by credit card for the house,anything like that will mean she has the rights to claimhalf off all monies,as a live in partner, my biggest problem were the same sex relationships,but they are still entitled,there used to be a common law,but in the mists of time this has gone up to a lot of years you have to be together.if you need any more help,I will keep an eye openThe best thing to do is have documentation in order to send to whoever,normally I would send to solicitor recorded crystalgirl.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi in my past life was a chartered Accountant,and one of my jobs not my fav,was getting info together for situations like that,If she can prove that she was paying into the house with bank statements,even if she hasnt got them she can get copies,shopping by credit card for the house,anything like that will mean she has the rights to claimhalf off all monies,as a live in partner, my biggest problem were the same sex relationships,but they are still entitled,there used to be a common law,but in the mists of time this has gone up to a lot of years you have to be together.if you need any more help,I will keep an eye openThe best thing to do is have documentation in order to send to whoever,normally I would send to solicitor recorded crystalgirl.
Hi Crystalgirl. If you read up a few posts you will see the OP updated to say the situation has all been resolved happily now.

Good to hear that.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 01:00 PM
If she can't afford a solicitor, tell her to go to the Citizen's Advice Bureau to get some initial advice.

Good luck to her. I hope she manages to salvage some of her expenses. Having had a son and daughter go through this through no fault of their own, all I can say is that they came out with nothing, but did manage to negotiate with their ex-partners in respect of paying the transfer fee to move the mortgage over to their partners.

In my daughter's case though, she was left with massive bills that her OH had run up on credit cards in her name so she had a financial disaster for quite a few years before she had everything sorted out
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 01:33 PM
As it has obviously been missed by more than one responding here on this old thread - here is the UPDATE that Sweep posted around midday today to say the situation HAS been resolved:

Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
Just thought I would update on the situation.

Fortunately all is now sorted out re House...everything done through Solicitors our daughter has received monies agreed on & the House is now his!

Our daughters ex contacted her recently to ask if they could meet up(just the 2 of them) before a mutual friends Wedding so there wouldn't be any uncomfortableness at Wedding with both new Partners.......my daughters reply was" NO.....we've both moved on & it's ???? Wedding Day & it's about them!"

Our Daughter has been in a new relationship for 3 months & we are to meet him next month

Thank you for all your help xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Oops! Hope everything was resolved satisfactorily
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3