Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Lynn you will be fine, the first week will be the hardest and then after that it will fly by.
I have been on my own for over 20 years now and at least you know Gordon will be coming back and then it will be like a honeymoon all over again, now I think that wil be worth waiting for. .
I'm not that far away so I will try and come and visit again (and not get lost this time) and you can come here too. You have your mum to visit, Gill and your other friends will keep you occupied. I'm sure you can chat to Gordon reguarly too.
Please tell him I wish him all the best and hope it goes well for him.
Thanks Bev I will.

I think with all thats going on here at the moment re: mum time will fly. I am not letting myself in for everything this time though others can take their share this time around.

I do have jobs to be getting on with while he is away for us and thats most important.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Hi Lynn, Exciting times ahead for both of you, I wish Gordon all the best in this new career. Having been an ex-pat in three middle east countries I can say that the first few weeks will be a tad frustrating, things do not move in the same way as we are used to but once he's over that period he will enjoy the job I'm sure and because there's not the temptation to spend money (There's nowt to spend it on!) the family bank balance will quickly look very healthy. That what makes it worthwhile, well it did for me
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2