View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2012, 04:01 PM

Gorden's contract arrived this afternoon.

Not sure of dates to fly out yet but he knows he will be starting by the 10th.

So a few day before then I expect.

Contract carefully read questions asked and answered he has now printed it off signed it and he has gone off to post it first class.

He will be home in time for Christmas. 13 weeks work with the potential he reckons for more if he likes it and them and vice versa.

He has to get his jabs done now we have to write a list of what he will need to take and then do some shopping.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Ooooh! how exciting and scary at the same time! I hope he enjoys it over there.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Thats come around quickly. As Pawsonboard says scary, yet exciting....

I also can't believe how near Christmas it now you've mentioned it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Ooooh! how exciting and scary at the same time! I hope he enjoys it over there.
It is exciting and scarey for us both. We have never been apart for that long in 35 years of being married.

Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
Thats come around quickly. As Pawsonboard says scary, yet exciting....

I also can't believe how near Christmas it now you've mentioned it
It has and it is
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Congratulations to Gorden for getting the contract!

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
It is exciting and scarey for us both. We have never been apart for that long in 35 years of being married.
Just think of the wonderful time you will have when he returns for Christmas - you will be like newly-weds again!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2012, 08:22 PM
I hope it all goes well and Gordon enjoys his new job, at least with modern technology it's easier to keep in touch.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2012, 04:22 AM
So pleased Gorden got the contract, Lynn. You'll be fine without him........ we're all here for you....

x0x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2012, 05:51 AM
I bet you're both excited and a bit nervous at the same time, but it will fly by Lynn, you'll be able to chat every night on the puter via Skype and you'll be surprised how well you're going to cope I'm sure you will. All the best to Gorden, hope he loves the job out there and earns all that money you need to move on to your dream home. Dillon's gonna miss his dad too isn't he. I'm excited for ya Lynn
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Congratulations to Gorden for getting the contract!

Just think of the wonderful time you will have when he returns for Christmas - you will be like newly-weds again!
Thank you Malka. I will be to busy sorting Christmas.

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
I hope it all goes well and Gordon enjoys his new job, at least with modern technology it's easier to keep in touch.
Thanks Gerri. He is showing me how to use skype before he goes.

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
So pleased Gorden got the contract, Lynn. You'll be fine without him........ we're all here for you....

x0x
Thanks Vicki. Awww I know I will have my dogsey friends to help me through.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I bet you're both excited and a bit nervous at the same time, but it will fly by Lynn, you'll be able to chat every night on the puter via Skype and you'll be surprised how well you're going to cope I'm sure you will. All the best to Gorden, hope he loves the job out there and earns all that money you need to move on to your dream home. Dillon's gonna miss his dad too isn't he. I'm excited for ya Lynn
I will cope I know I will it just seems funny as it will be 13 weeks not a week which I was use to doing a few years ago. It will be saying goodbye knowing he is out of the country that is going to be hard.
Dillon will miss him. Gorden will need to hang onto something strong when he returns or just let himself be knocked to the floor and jumped all over. He is already working out the best way to deal with him when he gets back.

I expect the time will fly spending money on having the house done up. Mark will be here most days doing the work for us and Michael is still around.
I will get the bed to myself for 13 weeks I might not want to share when he gets back.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Lynn you will be fine, the first week will be the hardest and then after that it will fly by.
I have been on my own for over 20 years now and at least you know Gordon will be coming back and then it will be like a honeymoon all over again, now I think that wil be worth waiting for. .
I'm not that far away so I will try and come and visit again (and not get lost this time) and you can come here too. You have your mum to visit, Gill and your other friends will keep you occupied. I'm sure you can chat to Gordon reguarly too.
Please tell him I wish him all the best and hope it goes well for him.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >