View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Poor chap has my sympathies. I suffer from IBS and I find stress makes it a lot worse. I switched from eating white bread to wholemeal 'cos the white was making me bloated but that was just as bad but I can eat granary no probs!

I also get VERY grumpy when I have an attack, so it might be one reason why your OH has been acting the way he has recently.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks guys. He's gradually getting better, didn't have any er...movement *coughs* till tonight, things seem to be moving lots and that's after 9 doses of Movical since Friday.

We've switched to oatmeal bread cause apparently it's a better form of fibre cause oats comes under a soluble type of fibre. Apparently that's better if you have IBS. So onto oaty type things, also trying him on soya milk to see if avoiding lactose will help. He's started eating cereal as well, only cause I shove it in front of him and make him eat it So fingers crossed he can avoid the same problem in future.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-08-2012, 06:32 AM
Lorraine, we all know what men are like, don't we? Proves it with him not wanting to wake you whilst you was sleeping (aww).

Does he eat cereal? Not many men do, but a spoonful of bran on his food will help. If you make a 'tater ash' (stew), put a spoonful on his dinner. He won't notice it. It does work, and is a little more natural than medicines.

Hope it works. Good Luck, and hope he's feeling much better soon x
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm very lucky int hat I've never suffered in that way, even with the high doses of both slow release and liquid morphine I take daily thanx to the RSD I have in my left leg (which has now jumped to the bottom half of my right leg!).

Having said that, my younger brother suffered very badly with constipation a few months back. He woke up at my Mom's (he couldn't stay at his own house because his ex won't leave) in absolute agony - shaking, sweating and literally screaming in pain.

He was given all sorts of treatment which ended with an enema and fortunately hasn't had any problems since.

You really have my sympathy. When someone is in so much pain there's nothing you can do to help them but once it's all over, the relief must be fantastic. I hope your man fully recovers very soon.

Just to add - the sooner he can get away from the morphine (if he still has it) the better. it really doesn't help conditions such as this.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2