Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2012, 05:32 PM

Health kick, anyone care to join?

Right i need to sort myself out!

As someone once told me, there are two types of vegetarians, those who eat REALLY well and those who just eat crap, and I am fast becoming one of the latter. So as of tomorrow (i have maltasers left and do actually need to go to the shops) i'm putting myself on a healthy eating plan. Need to cut down on white pasta and full fat coke big time, and eat lots more veg, i hate fruit but adore all veg, and it's daft cause i never eat any!

I also used to be incredibly fit, I used to row to a competitive standard, i ran a marathon when i was 18, used to go to the gym, go proper hiking, scrambing, climbing etc. The only thing now i do is horsey stuff, and even then now i don't own my own i have no need to muck out or poo pick fields!

I'm no way overweight, but i don't look after myself at all and always feel sluggish and run down, so as of when i go to the shops tomorrow i'm going to start being good to myself!

Thought this would be a good place to share some recipes and stuff. Anyone want to join?!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-08-2012, 01:47 AM
I too am an unhealthy vegetarian I've just started a health kick actually (I miss my chocolate so much) so I'd love to join in!

I recently realised that my dog eats more healthily than I do so I've made a concerted effort to push myself into eating better meals. I have a pretty good recipe to share for veggie Pho soup if anyone is interested? The meals I cook are usually pretty cheap too because we're on a bit of a tight budget!
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2012, 06:23 AM
I've been on a healthy eating mission for the past few months so I'll join in!

I love the idea of sharing recipes! I'll add, my spinach and chickpea curry and healthy stroganoff recipe when I'm on a proper computer rather than my phone
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Take some veg of your choice (toms sliced in 1/2, asparagus, chopped up squash, mushrooms, mange tout, etc)

Mix Olive Oil in a Bowl with spices of your choice (the ready made combinations are good - piri piri, cajun etc)

Baste the Veggies.

Chuck in the over for 20-30mins (40 for squash).

Brilliant tasty veg.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 10:26 AM
I've got some healthy recipes and alternatives to my favourites (sob) so here goes nothing!
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2012, 02:57 PM
I'll join I definately need to eat better! Anyone got a good veggi lasanya recipe an spinich an ricotta caneloni recipe- ive bought an appropriate oven dish ages ago but ive still not made either of these yet!
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Although I'm no longer a vegetarian I am more than in need of some motivation to eat healthier and I do like most veggies, so I will join in as well.
That said I am on a budget as we are saving for our own house, so this could be quite beneficial.