View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-08-2012, 05:03 PM

Lots of balls juggling here at the moment.

Mum gave Michael the final decision yesterday (Sunday) that she will be staying in the home.
Contract for her staying signed and Gill will be handing it to the manager of the home Wednesday. Two valuations booked for Wednesday for her house I will be seeing to them felt very sad mum has lived in the house 51 years and I was 2 when we moved there so it is my childhood home. May well be a bit emotional.
I am also sorting out having the alarm equipment removed.

Gordens contract being tweeked well everyones is as the Kazakhstan people have mentioned PHD's but over half of the people accepted and approved to run the programme do not have a PHD Gorden included. So that has to be taken out no problem they were just letting him know it will be a little later than anticipated. It is going to be a last minute rush here I think for him going away.

So lots going on for two very different reasons. Both emotional in different ways.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Good to hear that your mum has made her decision, especially one that will make life better for all of you I can totally understand getting emotional over the house. They have so many memories attached to them, especially when they've been in the family for so long & it's really difficult to part with them.

I hope you're getting some 'me' time in amongst everything else, it sounds like things are very stressful for you!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Oh that was a double edged sword with your mum really wasn't it You got what was best for her in the long run but all the upset that goes with it, I still pine after my childhood home and I only lived there from 5-15 but it has strong memories of being home and feeling safe, but you know it needs to happen, maybe spend the day there one day or take mum there for a day before it sells to say goodbye to it, sounds silly i know but it does help x x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
Good to hear that your mum has made her decision, especially one that will make life better for all of you I can totally understand getting emotional over the house. They have so many memories attached to them, especially when they've been in the family for so long & it's really difficult to part with them.

I hope you're getting some 'me' time in amongst everything else, it sounds like things are very stressful for you!
Thank you.

I am making sure I am having me time. For a few days I have been waking about 5am with the most awful feelings of doom and gloom the minute I am up and about it vanishes at the time though it is very unsettling because I know its not actually about me it feels like someone is trying to get into my head. It was really bad Saturday but within minutes of being up I felt loads better. Very weird.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Blimey Lynn. What mixed emotions you must have right now.

Knowing mum has made the right choice, but nevertheless so sad for her having to make that decision. Being both excited and worried about Gorden going away and wondering if any last minute glitches are going to crop up to prevent it. Top all that off with the practicalities and the stress is bound to mount.

Good luck with it all. I hope everything works out well and gets there easily for you xx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2012, 05:43 PM
It is both an exciting and an emotional time for you in many different ways.

I hope that out of the turmoil you find peace and tranquillity
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Blimey Lynn. What mixed emotions you must have right now.

Knowing mum has made the right choice, but nevertheless so sad for her having to make that decision. Being both excited and worried about Gorden going away and wondering if any last minute glitches are going to crop up to prevent it. Top all that off with the practicalities and the stress is bound to mount.

Good luck with it all. I hope everything works out well and gets there easily for you xx
Thanks Chris they are quiet mixed at the moment. In the case of mum it has to be this way even though this is her worst nightmare come true. Its hard seeing her frail and resigned to this. It is difficult selling the house but it has to be done and clearing it out will be even harder i'm sure.

She wants to go home once more I think Michael is doing that he is not so emotional with her like Gill and I.

As for Gorden it has to be done for us to be able to move onto the next stage of our life. He has been away before but the most a couple of hundred miles away not three and half thousand and the most 5 days not 4 months with hopefully one visit home before Christmas.

I will cope though always do as he says he has a job to do out there you have a job to do here. Get the house sorted for moving hopefully next year.

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
It is both an exciting and an emotional time for you in many different ways.

I hope that out of the turmoil you find peace and tranquillity
Thank you it will just have to go through some turmoil for it all to come right in the end.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Loads of stress hon, from all quarters, so please try and take a little bit of "me" time at least a couple of times a day - just sitting with a cup of tea and getting a quick cuddle off of Dillon will do it.....

*Hugs* xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Loads of stress hon, from all quarters, so please try and take a little bit of "me" time at least a couple of times a day - just sitting with a cup of tea and getting a quick cuddle off of Dillon will do it.....

*Hugs* xx
Thanks Vicki I make sure I do and Dillon will insist on getting up for cuddles whether you want them or not plus washing ears. There is never a day when I do not end up laughing out loud with him around.

He can also exasperate me at least twice a day too.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Hi Lynn, I can understand how you feel with the house sale, 51 years is a long time to be in one place but think of how it will benefit your Mum in the long run, and a house is really just bricks & mortar, the thing the estate agents will not be selling is all the memories (Happy and otherwise) which will stay with you.

So far as Gordons job is concerned, that is so typical of what can go on in these countries, meaning last minute changes to requirements, but I'm sure Capita will get it sorted 'tho I can confirm that once it is it will be panic stations as they will want him out there the next day. Best advice I can give is get the suitcase packed now and all the other things sorted asap.

Interesting times ahead for you I think.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >