View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-08-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't do birthdays, anniversaries or xmas for myself let alone for brothers and sisters. I've never sent a valentines card in my life. I forget my own birthday just because I really don't care although I do always manage to remember my own kids birthdays, I do forget my Husbands birthday and luckily he couldn't care less either. It doesn't mean we don't care about each other just means we're not fussed about cards and presents. Funnily enough I do remember to remind the kids to send their dad my ex a birthday card and fathers day card though. Although I do send my friends cards randomly throughout the year just to say I'm thinking of them etc. Thinking about it maybe I'm just weird
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Claire&Daisy
I do send cards as a rule because I know they want me to. And also because they start reminding me at least three weeks before . Perhaps you could adopt that approach?
You have made me laugh! I am thinking you must know my daughter - she starts the countdown the day after her birthday lol!

Seriously though - if I had to list 'ways to show people you care about them' - remembering to send them a birthday card would be very low down on the list.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Seriously though - if I had to list 'ways to show people you care about them' - remembering to send them a birthday card would be very low down on the list.

I'm with this. We don't really do birthdays in my family apart from for children. If I see something my mum/brother/aunt/gran would really like and I can afford it, I buy it and give it as a present next time I see them. I don't need a "special day" to do it on. The only birthdays I worry about remembering are for our nephews, both are in early November which makes it easier.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3