View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2012, 12:41 PM
I had a lump in my throat reading about your visit yesterday as it exactly the same coversation I had with my mum the last time I saw her and nothing had to be decided as she died in her sleep a few hours later. Without sounding harsh it was a blessing for her as she would have hated giving her home up but like your mum was a danger to herself living alone. Yes carers going in four times a day can see to their needs but then you worry about the fall that could happen 5 minutes after they have left. Just like you I would shed tears seeing how weak,how sad and how vunerable she was. Perhaps the fact that she didn't cry when it was talked about it means she has accepted that to stay in the home is the only option really,it's just hard for her to actually admit it. I really hope this happens for her and for you and Gill so you have peace of mind. It will be upsetting for you also when you sell her house, I have my mums bungalow under offer and about to sign contracts any day but although it was never my home I feel strangely sad to let it go now..

Sending you a big hug as I know how worrying and how sad this all is..as you say she is your mum who looked after you all those years and to see the strong person they once were ending up like this is heatrbreaking.

Keep your chin up x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
There really is nothing I can add that has not already been said. Much as I can understand your Mum having wanted to hang onto her house, and much as I do not like the fact that people have to sell their homes to pay for their care, your Mum needs the care she is getting where she is.

I hope that she will accept that her current care over-rides her wanting to go home.

(((hugs))) xx
We hope so too Malka.

Originally Posted by brophy View Post
I had a lump in my throat reading about your visit yesterday as it exactly the same coversation I had with my mum the last time I saw her and nothing had to be decided as she died in her sleep a few hours later. Without sounding harsh it was a blessing for her as she would have hated giving her home up but like your mum was a danger to herself living alone. Yes carers going in four times a day can see to their needs but then you worry about the fall that could happen 5 minutes after they have left. Just like you I would shed tears seeing how weak,how sad and how vunerable she was. Perhaps the fact that she didn't cry when it was talked about it means she has accepted that to stay in the home is the only option really,it's just hard for her to actually admit it. I really hope this happens for her and for you and Gill so you have peace of mind. It will be upsetting for you also when you sell her house, I have my mums bungalow under offer and about to sign contracts any day but although it was never my home I feel strangely sad to let it go now..

Sending you a big hug as I know how worrying and how sad this all is..as you say she is your mum who looked after you all those years and to see the strong person they once were ending up like this is heatrbreaking.

Keep your chin up x
Thank you.

I think you are right it is seeing them so vulnerable I was like this with my dad.
(((Hugs))) back and I hope it isn't too painful when the contracts are signed and the bungalow is handed over.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2