Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Keep at it!! I've now lost a stone since April by calorie counting... slow and steady is the best way!
I quite enjoy weighing and counting and I feel really good at the end of the day if I am within my target amount

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Granny Nippy - slow and steady is the best way, as it will stay off easier......

2.5 kgs in two weeks is a brilliant loss

Go you!

x0x
Aww now you are not just saying that are you
Thanks I really must stick to it.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Granny Nippy...

I have lost 12lbs in the last 11 weeks by calorie counting, using the weightlossresources.co.uk website.

I haven't felt particularly 'on a diet', or deprived of anything. In fact, for tea last night we had smoked haddock in a cheese and chive sauce, dauphinoise potatoes with gruyere and garlic, and caramel carte d'or ice cream for dessert. I was still within my calories for the day.

I've lost 2 dress sizes in that time and feel fantastic. Don't get me wrong, I've had days where I've felt down, or I've eaten too many calories, but overall, I feel much more in control of my eating etc.
I was going to join WW (again) tomorrow. I have been trying to avoid it as it's quite expensive over here plus it's a fair way to travel each week. I just had a look at the link you put on your post and it looks brill. Did you join or can you just carry on without joining? I am definitely going to give it a go, you seem to have done well with it, well done you.... x sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread Nippy. Well done with your weight loss.xx
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Nippy that's great! Don't worry if you think it is slightly slow, it's more likely to stay off if it goes slowly.

Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 11:52 AM
I have lost 13 Lb in the last 6 weeks using the slimming world extra easy diet. It is not hard to follow and apart from really missing bread I have been ok.check out their web-site if you fancy eating lean meat,bacon,potatoes,pasta,rice,couscous,fruit,veg, salads,and yogurts without having to weigh or measure any of it.

Basically it cuts out processed foods.I feel loads better and there are treats every day so I can still have a little of those naughtiest every day!

I have also got to lose a fair bit of weight but am taking it a stone at a time!

Good luck. It is possible but hard too at times.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Arrrrrrrggggh I can't give up bread what ever next
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Well I have now lost 3.3 kg despite falling off the wagon last week and eating a Cornish pasty
It might be psychological but I think I am feeling better already
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Well done you! That's brilliant

I've just started a nutrition and healthy eating course at work so have a bit of an interest in this sort of thing at the moment.

Your calorie counting is obviously working; keep it up, you can do it!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Well I have lost my stone

Phew that was blooming hard work and took nearly 3 months but I feel good about it and intend to carry on.

Thanks for the encouragement
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Well done! I have been doing slimming world, and it's hardly made a dent... lost 5lb in about 6 weeks lol...

But my theory is as long as it's going down and not up, it's all good. I'm being realistic too, and if I fancy something naughty, I don't stop myself. I want it to be a lifestyle change, not a fad.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Well done you!!

I put on almost all the weight I lost earlier in the year but I am back to it now, and ive lost 5 pounds since friday!!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >