Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:26 PM

Innocent smoothies

I have decided it is time I got healthier and as I don't like eating fruit - it's a texture thing, I decided the next best way is to drink it. However smoothies have bits in so I've poured myself a drink - using a sieve for the bits. But don't innocent make some odd combinations, I think I'm drinking apple, coconut and banana atm and I have strawberry and banana too.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:32 PM
I think they are a very expensive way of getting your fruit intake. Plus, at least if you are blending your own you know exactly what is going into them.

I know what you mean about fruit though. I feel guilty for not eating enough, but eating it is such a chore for me. I have to force myself to eat fruit because it isn't something I do for pleasure!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I think they are a very expensive way of getting your fruit intake. Plus, at least if you are blending your own you know exactly what is going into them.

I know what you mean about fruit though. I feel guilty for not eating enough, but eating it is such a chore for me. I have to force myself to eat fruit because it isn't something I do for pleasure!
I haven't touched fruit or veg since I was about 6, I've drank juice though, I just thought smoothies would be that little bit more fruity and I was wrong, it isn't innocent smoothies I have it's innocent fruit juice (on offer), I have Morrison's own smoothies so I guess it's not that expensive now lol, plus fruit can be really expensive itself.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I haven't touched fruit or veg since I was about 6, I've drank juice though, I just thought smoothies would be that little bit more fruity and I was wrong, it isn't innocent smoothies I have it's innocent fruit juice (on offer), I have Morrison's own smoothies so I guess it's not that expensive now lol, plus fruit can be really expensive itself.
No fruit or veg -- not even cooked veg as a part of meals? blimey girl, I thought I was bad. I'm a good gal when it comes to vegetables but no so good on the fruit.

True that fruit is expensive in itself. A punnet of grapes cost me nearly £3 the other day.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
No fruit or veg -- not even cooked veg as a part of meals? blimey girl, I thought I was bad. I'm a good gal when it comes to vegetables but no so good on the fruit.

True that fruit is expensive in itself. A punnet of grapes cost me nearly £3 the other day.
Nope, and the only way I would eat broccoli was if it was in my mash and my dad used to hide cabbage in there too. I used to eat peas and carrots but now I don't eat any veg and my fruit intake is through juice (or wine - grape is a fruit!) and now smoothies, if I can take the weird taste that is..

If you go to the supermarket about 7pm, fruit and veg is always cheaper And if you buy from markets on a sunday or whenever they are, they're cheaper there too as you can barter for them - I watched a money saving thing one morning
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Eeek - I cannot imagine life without loads of vegetables and fruit but then I guess I am a veggie freak! Not that I have had any cooked vegetables for months as it is salad, salad and even more salad for me during the summer.

Fruit is what is in season, and currently that includes peaches, nectarines, various plums [more due "in" shortly], melons, grapes, and mangoes - which I hate. Last year I invested in a fairly good liquidizer when my previous one gave up the ghost [well it was nearly 20 years old ] so I can make my own smoothies. Even make vegetable smoothies sometimes.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 04:21 PM
See I thought I'd be really healthy a while back and instead of junk, I thought I'd have some breaded fish, peas and chips. I cooked it all, put it on my plate and just ate the chips - the dogs had the other, I just couldn't bring myself to eat it - I'll eat fish fingers though, but because it wasn't in the shape as fish fingers I just couldn't eat it - I'm weird like that
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2011, 04:31 PM
See I thought I'd be really healthy a while back and instead of junk, I thought I'd have some breaded fish, peas and chips. I cooked it all, put it on my plate and just ate the chips - the dogs had the other, I just couldn't bring myself to eat it - I'll eat fish fingers though, but because it wasn't in the shape as fish fingers I just couldn't eat it - I'm weird like that
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 04:57 PM

Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2011, 06:28 PM
I really am sorry [sez me creasing up here] but it was the combination of "eating healthy" with "breaded fish" and "chips"!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >