Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 08:26 AM

Really good walkies

I'm really chuffed with Bailey today and a BIG thank you to the three dogs and owners I bumped into i the woods today

As you know Bailey is quite reactive to dogs especially bouncy lively ones, he grabs them on their sholders and holds on - someone said it was called 'scruffing'.

I've been working on his basic's (thanks for your advice) and put him on a harness and line.

Well today we met a staffy, she was really sweet and quite calm, her owner saw Bailey on lead and called his dog over to him, he stopped and asked if they were ok and I explained about Bailey's issues and he said she was really calm and he'd happily let her come over - which he did and Bailey was brilliant did normal doggy sniffing stuff tail wagging happily etc, we stopped and had a chat the other guy even gave Bailey one of his doggy sweets and a cuddle - Bailey was over the moon when we moved on a few minutes later Bailey was so proud of himself, he was prancing along!!!
A bit further on we met a guy with a Bulldog who saw Bailey on lead and did the same - stopped, asked if he was ok then approached with his dog - Bailey said hello, the guy gave Bailey a fuss and we moved on - I gave him a big hug and a sweety.
I'm so happy he seems to be getting it a bit, I know the dogs were calm but all positive meetings have got to help haven't they??
Then just as we were back at the car a man with a crossbreed came past and his dog was barking and lunging at us and Bailey didn't react!! Every time he looked at the other dog I called his name and gave him a treat to try and keep his focus on me rather than the other dog, he was interested but not a move was made towards the other dog - woohoo
I'm so chuffed with him and hopefully things will continue on this track
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Wow people who put their dogs on the lead - only met a few in my lifetime - I normally have to ask or shout over to say mine's not good

I think Bailey ought to have a few play dates with that staffie

Be sure to keep up the work - remember there is always that false sense of security that the b*ggers lead us into

Sounds like you're doing a fantastic job - hope to hear loads more updates like this
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Oh well done Bailey Can only get better