Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 06:04 PM

Stupid woman

Was in our local dog friendly shop earlier, just wandering round with Storm when we came across a couple of kids and a woman I'll assume was the mother.

The youngest child appeared to be nervous of Storm, who was calmly standing next to me. The woman confirmed this when she stated:

"You don't like dogs do you? you know what'll happen if you don't behave? that dog'll come and get you."

Which was then topped off by her older child adding, "yeah it'll eat you."

There's that saying about a picture painting a thousand words...in this case, my expression said all that woman needed to know about my opinion of her.

Poor kids, having such an idiot incharge of them. I honistly think that some people shouldn't be allowed to produce offspring.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 06:11 PM
I would have been tempted to say to my dog "You don't like children do you? You know what will happen if you don't behave? That child will come and get you!"

Some people really should think about what they say to their children. Whilst you have to teach children not to touch strange dogs this is not the sort of thing you should be saying to a child as it can make them even more nervous.
doggirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2011, 06:17 PM
same thing happened the day holding a 2yr old near enough on her shoulder saying the doggies "WILL" bite you!. fair enough i was standing with my 2 but a toy yorkie,toy poodle,jack russell and 5 ****z sui we need to educate these people. told her they would not bite and she should ask if they bite before scareing the life out of the wee one, got a dirty look and she stormed off. some people.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Yet more children who will grow up to have a fear of dogs because of a foolish parent drumming it into them that all dogs are bad.

If people ever make comments about Max eating their children I smile sweetly and say 'Oh no, he doesn't like junk food'
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 06:41 PM
The world is full of stupid people, unfortunately you cannot legislate for stupidity!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 06:42 PM
I make a point of loudly telling idiots like this that my dog is extremely friendly and most certainly isn't going to bite the child and then getting him to do some silly trick or other. I've found it can make a nervous child a bit more comfortable to see the dog doing something they find silly (sit up and beg usually works for us). Too bad if it ruins the parents threat, there's too much bad feeling about dogs these days for me to just ignore it.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 09:25 PM
No, unfortunately we can't legislate against stupidity...but we can try lol.

The woman didn't stick around for any verbal comment from me. If I come across her or anyone else like her again, I won't be holding my tongue. Doing that once was hard enough.
snoop_the_seal
New Member!
Male 

04-04-2011, 12:19 AM
lol what a dumb female dog
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 01:24 AM
On the other hand I was in PAH recently with Harvey. Hes a big gentle giant of a dog. This idiotic woman who was clearly the childs grandmother - wee boy of about 3 kept way laying us on our way round PAH pushing the child forward telling him what a "nice big dog" Harvey was. I really didnt want to interact with her and the youngster because good and all that my boy is, he is not used to small children.

Thought I had dodged them once and for all and was studying the merits of PAH own cat litter when out of the corner of my eye saw this kid zoom in on Harvey - from behind with the beaming grandmother in tow. Harvey was very good and gave the youngster his paw, but it irks me that people are so stupid to think that every strange dog they meet they can push their kids at - now isnt that a recipe for disaster as not all dogs, lets face it, are friendly and like or accept children Zooming up on a strange dog from behind - that is crazy.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I completely agree with you.

There are far too many stupid people around who have dogs and children and, quite frankly, shouldn't be allowed to own dogs or reproduce.

No wonder the world is in the state it's in!