View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Oh dear - I couldn't chose between the two.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:24 PM
We're quite blessed as where we live is only 8 minutes drive from our jobs in the city but on our doorstop we have about a hundred acres of heathland for the dogs to walk on so best of both worlds. I can't travel long distances owing to a neck injury so couldn't really live out in the sticks though I do like the idea of no neighbours even though our adjoining ones are lovely!
snoop_the_seal
New Member!
Male 

04-04-2011, 08:26 PM
ya i guess I get what you guys mean neighbors arent really a problem here its less crammed and less city like so i understand everyones urge to move where you have acres of runway coming from the inner cities . Never the less our dogs will be happy with either choice
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I also love this place, I can so imagine taking the dogs for long walks down the lanes and through fields, spending hours out...
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-15231306.html

but realistically, without a car we would be pretty stumped!! No shops near or bus routes, but lots of country lanes!!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Petticoat View Post
I also love this place, I can so imagine taking the dogs for long walks down the lanes and through fields, spending hours out...
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-15231306.html

but realistically, without a car we would be pretty stumped!! No shops near or bus routes, but lots of country lanes!!
I like the others better
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by snoop_the_seal View Post
ya i guess I get what you guys mean neighbors arent really a problem here its less crammed and less city like so i understand everyones urge to move where you have acres of runway coming from the inner cities . Never the less our dogs will be happy with either choice
You have a point about the dogs, well apart from my Pointer, she would prefer countryside away from urban living... I have lived crammed up for years and yearn for space now, back to my roots sotospeak!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by snoop_the_seal View Post
ya i guess I get what you guys mean neighbors arent really a problem here its less crammed and less city like so i understand everyones urge to move where you have acres of runway coming from the inner cities . Never the less our dogs will be happy with either choice:-)
Not my dogs, there are no sheep to chase in the inner city!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Oh dear - I couldn't chose between the two.
I know they are both lovely, they both have faults but also many plus points!!

Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I like the others better
Really? See I like the loco of this one, the walks I could have... but then not very practical I suppose!!
Anyway I have also seen one in Cornwall I like....!!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by Petticoat View Post
The rural property....
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-29168134.html

The seaside one...
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-28390915.html
I'd go for the rural one....

OK, so you'd need to do a bit of work inside - redecorating etc; but the garden/land is fab. However, the price is really good which means that your mortgage payments will be pretty tidy as well.

The seaside one has a lovely interior, but it's only paint etc, and the garden isn't huge.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
I'd go for the rural one....

OK, so you'd need to do a bit of work inside - redecorating etc; but the garden/land is fab. However, the price is really good which means that your mortgage payments will be pretty tidy as well.

The seaside one has a lovely interior, but it's only paint etc, and the garden isn't huge.
Its the garden that is slightly putting me off with the latter, I like the fact it backs a field etc... but would like something longer really, especially with 5 dogs in it!

(Oh and regarding our property, we are waiting for potential buyers mortgage approval, we certainly would not dream of putting in an offer unless ours was sold But it never hurts to looks.... unless you find a dream house and lose out on it of course!! )
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >