Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by snoop_the_seal View Post
option # 2 ! Middle of no where has its pros and cons but seaside outweighs it forsure and a back yard take it!!

edit: does everyone really enjoy country that much ? its nice for a lil while like going on a vacation but you can see yourself secluded like that in the long run?
You live in Florida though, according to your profile. Give me a beach front property on the Gulf of Mexico above ANYWHERE in the good old UK, any day!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 11:29 AM
I'd choose the countryside with NO direct neighbours, badly behaved brats/teenagers, chavvy folk and badly behaved dogs!

However, I would hate it if the town/city wasn't easily accessible, too! Same with the coast. I love the coast!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 12:48 PM
I am a country girl at heart, my Suffolk blood coming through!! We have found two lovely properties (out of about 300!!) and both are everything we need internally, both detached, one sits in 1/3 acre and is down a lane, no near neighbours and a 'walk' to the nearest shop/pub/bus route... the other has large garden, has a field at front and back, but neighbours each side and is near the beach as it is on the outskirts of a small seaside town.... Its a dilemma, can see positives and negatives in both!!
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2011, 01:07 PM
We are planning a move to Cornwall and have just been having this same discussion!

We would love to overlook the water and have beach walk on our doorstep but also love countryside walks.

I think the ideal for me would be somewhere with a large garden very close to countryside but close enough to walk to the beach or a very short drive to the beach. From what I have seen so far we would get more for our money if we were happy to live in the middle of nowhere so as long as we can get to the beach that's good enough for me for now!

Where I live now is right next to the beach but unfortunately it's not a great area and the beach is nothing like the one we'd like to live near in Cornwall!
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2011, 01:55 PM
No neighbours for me too. I'm turning antisocial the older I get
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 02:46 PM
well its not a bad decision to have to make really is it

I'd go with the no neighbours and lovely walks, then you can drive them to the beach in the nice weather and on the 'bad weather seasons' you still get the odd day thats lovely for a long coutryside walk.

Bad weather at the beach is more windy and cold (least it seems it) the waters too cold in winter for the dogs and the beach is very messy so youd still be wearing wellies anyway...
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Petticoat View Post
I am a country girl at heart, my Suffolk blood coming through!! We have found two lovely properties (out of about 300!!) and both are everything we need internally, both detached, one sits in 1/3 acre and is down a lane, no near neighbours and a 'walk' to the nearest shop/pub/bus route... the other has large garden, has a field at front and back, but neighbours each side and is near the beach as it is on the outskirts of a small seaside town.... Its a dilemma, can see positives and negatives in both!!
no summertime tourists in the 'middle of no where' property/walks
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 02:54 PM
I almost have it all!

We are about 500m from the sea/beach - it's not a sunbathe-y beach, but a dog walking beach. Flat and nearly always completely empty for a mile each way.

Behind us is countryside, loads of footpaths etc, and fairly flat, though some good hills to trek up.

Nearest village is a 1 mile walk away - butchers, bakers, Co-op, chemist, deli, pet shop, post office, library, veg shops.

Nearest supermarket is about 20 mins drive away - however at least 2 places deliver online to us.

House is a semi-detached with 1/3 acre of land. Attached neighbours are ok, very quiet (elderly). Non-attached neighbours are a bit of a pain, but we have a lovely 6ft solid fence between us, so not a problem!

Nearest hospital is about 30-40mins away, cinema is about the same. Nearest M-way junction is 30mins away....

Not bad really
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
I almost have it all!

We are about 500m from the sea/beach - it's not a sunbathe-y beach, but a dog walking beach. Flat and nearly always completely empty for a mile each way.

Behind us is countryside, loads of footpaths etc, and fairly flat, though some good hills to trek up.

Nearest village is a 1 mile walk away - butchers, bakers, Co-op, chemist, deli, pet shop, post office, library, veg shops.

Nearest supermarket is about 20 mins drive away - however at least 2 places deliver online to us.

House is a semi-detached with 1/3 acre of land. Attached neighbours are ok, very quiet (elderly). Non-attached neighbours are a bit of a pain, but we have a lovely 6ft solid fence between us, so not a problem!

Nearest hospital is about 30-40mins away, cinema is about the same. Nearest M-way junction is 30mins away....

Not bad really
I want your place!!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
well its not a bad decision to have to make really is it

I'd go with the no neighbours and lovely walks, then you can drive them to the beach in the nice weather and on the 'bad weather seasons' you still get the odd day thats lovely for a long coutryside walk.

Bad weather at the beach is more windy and cold (least it seems it) the waters too cold in winter for the dogs and the beach is very messy so youd still be wearing wellies anyway...
Thats the problem though, none of us drive... (Also the reason I need an animal courier to get the dogs and small animals there... )
I don't know, I love walking in the cold, as you never get the fair weather dog walkers... I just love both of these properties, knowing our luck they will probably both sell by the time we have made the decision!
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >