View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 09:44 PM
The first option...countyside with a bit of land and no neighbours. Sounds like bliss...especially the no neighbours part! I hate how busy the "village" (if you can call it that now, it feels as busy as a town) I live in now has become.

I'm indifferent about the beach. I like it on the odd occasions I go, but I could most definitely live without it. If is a quiet sandy beach that very few members of the public use then its lovely. However, 9 times out of 10 on the odd occasion I go, it is full of bikers, joggers, picnickers, sunbathers, screaming children and unruly dogs -- all of which I actively go out of my way to avoid!
Blue Shadow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2011, 10:27 PM
We have the first option.....countryside living, no near neighbors, 5 acres of land and plenty of open land and woodland on the edge of that

and.......also the second

1 mile away as the crow files is Lunan Bay one of the most lovely white sandy beaches in Scotland, and really dog friendly.

I was a city girl til I met my OH and moved here. Cant imagine living anywhere else now.

Wendy
snoop_the_seal
New Member!
Male 

04-04-2011, 12:16 AM
option # 2 ! Middle of no where has its pros and cons but seaside outweighs it forsure and a back yard take it!!

edit: does everyone really enjoy country that much ? its nice for a lil while like going on a vacation but you can see yourself secluded like that in the long run?
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Got to be the county side far away from everyone else lol
I have that on my doorstep but still live in a built up area 5 min walk to peace and quiet is the best I can do right now I would jump at the country home you describe.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by snoop_the_seal View Post
option # 2 ! Middle of no where has its pros and cons but seaside outweighs it forsure and a back yard take it!!

edit: does everyone really enjoy country that much ? its nice for a lil while like going on a vacation but you can see yourself secluded like that in the long run?
Heck yeah! Besides since the invention of the good old interwebs you are never really secluded anyway

But I could happily become a recluse anyway
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 06:22 AM
House in the middle of nowhere with no neighbours, screaming kids, teenagers getting drunk and keeping you awake to all hours, No unruly aggresive dogs waiting to pounce on yours if you dare try to take them out of your front door.
Can't think of anything better myself.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Oh yes Every few months we have the delightful people who smash the phone box windows in down the road. We have the people who walk back in the early hours of the morning from the nearest town screaming and shouting in the early hours, occasionally stopping to vandalise someone's car or hurl abuse at someone.

We constantly have people shoving their junk mail through the door and people knocking on the door trying to sell goods, services blah blah blah (not that I answer it to any of them)

The family a few doors down (mum has left recently and taken the kids it appears) play football in the street kicking their ball into the road, people's cars, windows, caravans etc and, when they have a spring clean they drag everything - furniture included - down to the bottom of the garden and torch it

Then my neighbours on one side (who are nice). He works nights and she spends a lot of her day on the phone. Because he is asleep she makes the calls outside the back door. On a nice day I tend to have the back door open so can hear all of her calls which can be mildly annoying and, on a very hot day, disturbing to hear her tell her friend that it was so hot that she was lying here naked on the decking with sweat p***ing out of her top lip......

Give me the countryside anyday!!!
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 08:17 AM
I love the sea but I would probably go for the no neighbours route!! Then I could have more greyhounds!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 08:38 AM

Well as someone who lives here all year round ...

I can honestly say I wouldn't want to live anywhere more populated. Our nearest neighbours are at least half a mile away, we have acres and acres of field, forest and moorland to walk the dogs/ride the ponies etc. The downsides are having to travel for half an hour every time I want to do a decent shop (although Tesco have started delivering now ... yay!), and having to drive ten miles to take my son to nursery each day, as well as the nearest hospital being an hour away ... but I wouldn't change it. It can be difficult in the depths of winter - especially as we have livestock to look after, but I still wouldn't swap it for an "easier" way of life in a town or city.

Winter

mcv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-04-2011, 10:21 AM
To be honest it depends what you really want.
I lived with my inlaws for 2 yrs, they live in an old farm house but not a farm any longer,on the side of a hill, surrounded by fields and no neighbours some people will think this bliss.
It was lovely in the summer the views stunning, good walks for the dogs etc.
It was pretty dismal in the winter tbh and really got me down. It was a 8 mile round trip to the nearest shop
We dont live at the coast, but we still live in lovely countryside, there are lovely walks round here, i can walk to the shop, and walk the children to school, we do have neighbours... thankfully we get on with 99% of our neighbours and there are children who are similar age to my two.
so for me it has to be with neighbours.
But we do live in a little welsh village and have very little problems with antisocial behavior or crime
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »