Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2011, 04:05 AM
only grim if you are vegetarian
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 05:19 AM
Puppy stew...."grim" sums it up pretty well for me and I'm a confirmed carnivore. Yuckity, yuck, yuck!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-04-2011, 07:23 AM
I suppose its not surprising they still eat dogs don't they ?

Must say I love meat but the thought of dog stew really does not appeal to me I think its the way they kill them too thats so upsetting particulalry to westerners as we love our animlas and make them part of our family.

Gorden had something sent to him on social networking site. It was in china a man stirring a big pot of grey gruel and it said he was feeding all the stray dogs I believe there were nearly 400 round him and the pot. We were both a bit sceptical reminded us of the child catcher.

Mind you I expect there are those that feel as badly as us about killing and eating dogs.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 08:53 AM
I think it is hypocritical for people to judge those who eat meat that they prefer not to. It is de rigeur to eat horse in France, Dog in China, Camels in the Middle East. Here, because we have the LUXURY of having dogs, and rabbits and horses as pets we get squeamish.

I have no problem in man eating ANY animal PROVIDED that it has been reared properly and killed humanely.

So the issue I have with some of the practices in the Far East are not to do with eating dog per se, but inhumane way they trap and kill them.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I think it is hypocritical for people to judge those who eat meat that they prefer not to. It is de rigeur to eat horse in France, Dog in China, Camels in the Middle East. Here, because we have the LUXURY of having dogs, and rabbits and horses as pets we get squeamish.

I have no problem in man eating ANY animal PROVIDED that it has been reared properly and killed humanely.

So the issue I have with some of the practices in the Far East are not to do with eating dog per se, but inhumane way they trap and kill them.
Agree totally. I wouldn't fancy it but as long as the food animal has a good life and a humane death it's fine with me.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 09:32 AM
One of the `delicacies` sold by street vendors who were banned for the time of the Olympics was... Dog Brain Soup.
Boycott China! Their human and animal rights record is abysmal.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Blimey didnt know they had "Chow Mein" that long ago!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 09:38 AM
ROFLMAO

I don't believe in boycotting countries as it is actually impossible to do, as most of the things we buy are actually MADE there!

Also I think the words, glass, houses and stones should be considered when dissing other countries. The UK has an GHASTLY human rights history!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
One of the `delicacies` sold by street vendors who were banned for the time of the Olympics was... Dog Brain Soup.
Boycott China! Their human and animal rights record is abysmal.
Id like to see that being possible, I very much doubt it C&D.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »