View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Well if i thought that way i wouldnt have Boxers!

So many dont reach double figures & with some of the health issues they can be prone to, you wonder why people (like me) continually have them!

Having said that our boy - Harvey sails from one booster visit each year to the next with no visits inbetween & long may it last!

NB: once you have a Boxer, you will never be without one.
A better friend/companion you will never equal ....
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-04-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm drawn to the dogs I'm drawn to, so do my best to find one from health tested parents preferably with long lived ancesters to give them the best chance of a long healthy life but there are no guarantees. Although I have never owned a dog that needed frequent vet visits and they all seem to have reached a reasonable age. Fingers crossed the current lot will fare just as well but it's not something I dwell on.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-04-2011, 02:05 PM
I was very worried about going for the Bernese as I had already lost a dog young and he was a mongrel but I just fell in love with them and after meeting the breed was hooked. We got Ollie and as most of you know we lost him recently at 41/2 it was devastating. But we are thinking about having another puppy and I am afraid to say even with the heart ache we are thinking Bernese again we just love them and to own one is a privilege for us.

So even after our bad experience we are thinking down that route again and will cherish the time we have and hopefully next time it may be a lot longer they can live into their teens although most live to about 9-10.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Fortunately I generally prefer smaller breeds so it's not really been an issue...

...But when I win the lottery and have a huge house and land and get an Irish Wolfhound I might have to think about it more seriously!

J.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Whats the saying ?

Better to of loved and lost than never to of loved at all.

sums it up for me.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Never used to but I do now. Couldn't be without my beloved GSDs but now I'm getting on & have ill health I take in oldies so I don'thave to worry about how I'll be in 12 to 14 years time.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3