Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Hope you are better soon, and go to the doctor if it doesn't improve

Meg has plowed into me a couple of times when younger, and taken my legs with her, but just bumps and bruises. My pride was hurt more than anything

Mack has given me a bloody nose, and 2 black eyes, from actually being too affectionate and head butted me. He once jumped up to give me hug, but used all his weight, and I was knocked backwards, and bashed the back of my head into a wall, cutting it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Blimey, I hope you're going to be ok! Maybe take lots of painkillers anti inflam's over the next few days and it will help with the pain.

Blooming dogs, my list is endless

My legs are covered in bruises where they've been Zena'd with her antics, so much so, that my osteopath the other morning thought I had something seriously wrong with me with the colour of my legs!

I've staved my ring finger (bent is all the way back the wrong way) when my shoe laces got tied together on a walk and Zena shot in front of me, so I fell on her with my hand!

She's bitten my 2nd finger on the other hand when she was a puppy, going for the frisbee at the bottom of the pool at the same time I did (she wouldn't do that now of course!) and that's made the knuckle end up twice its normal size coz she caught the bone.

She's headbutted me in the eye socket, causing a black eye (ages ago though)

Georgie one knocked my mum flying on the patio, causing her to break her ankle when he heard somebody at the gates and shot through the french doors at the speed of light, with the long net curtain blocking his view of mum lol! She said he did help her up again after coz he knew what he'd done, so went and sat next to her on the floor and she climbed on him to get back up!

Cassie once knocked me flying bashing into the back of my knees (I knew to turn around that God!) and I couldn't walk for ages.

I've done my back in many a time, manouvering myself over porky Georgie lying at the back door, when I want to get into my bootroom which also has a huge granite step, so it's a wonder I haven't yet broken my neck or fractured my skull on said step!

Dogs, who'd 'ave 'em!
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 02:13 PM
I dislocated my arm when I fell after slipping in a sneaky wee in the kitchen .....
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 02:27 PM
I have had plenty of bruishes/scratches (some have scarred my arms) and very nearly a broken nose from Cooper running into my face at full speed.

Also have a very nice scar on my top and bottom lip where my collie bit my face when I was younger (It was my own fault).
Had to have stitches in my top lip but nothing they could do on the bottom lip so have a rather nasty scar.

I also have a dent in my shin where I climbed out of bed to go let Cooper out for a wee when he was a pup, fell over the post at the end of my bed, whacked my shin and had a huge bruise (lasted months) and dented it,and also smacked my head off the corner of my sofa.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Relative's Greyhound and Lurcher managed to knock her out on a nighttime run. Said she saw them turn, head back her way at warp 9 then woke up to find them both peering down at her - though not being me can't vouch for the veracity.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-03-2011, 03:00 PM
The worst two were when my Boxer broke my nose I was lying on the sofa and stuck my head around the arm to see what the heck was going on just as my Boxer flew into the room from the back garden and crashed full pelt straight into my face.
Syd my male Dobermann crashed into me while running at full speed up the country park, it was my fault for moving aside at the last minute just as he went to swerve around me and we both went the same way. He hit me in the side of the knee and I was knocked right up in the air and crash landed on my back. My knee ligaments were so badly damaged it took over a year before I could walk properly again. That was total agony.
Janey K
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2011, 03:27 PM
I have laughed out loud at some of these - and grimaced at the sound of others! We wouldnt have such a good humoured approach if the culprits causing the injuries had been human! Our dogs get away with murder.

I cant walk my dog on my own anymore in case he pulls me off my feet. The first time was when a disabled man in an electric buggy was out with his wife and their dog. Chester made a "playful lunge" and I found myself face deep in mud with a pair of skinnned knees.
Exact same thing happened the next time we met the same couple! After that, the next time I saw them I just sat down to be on the safe side!

Chester is at his worst at the vets and I usually come out looking like I've just run a marathon and got mugged at the finish line.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 04:04 PM
None major, other than the scratches from jumping up, or thick lip from colliding heads.

Kerrie has "caught" me with her teeth when we have been pushing, I now wear gloves
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 04:20 PM
You know the one where you`re walking your dog in the evening and it`s quite dark and quiet and your dog is galloping towards you like a souped-up elephant and all you hear is that badda boom badda boom coming closer and closer....
and then a battering ram hits you at knee height.
It`s why I don`t walk my dogs in the dark any more.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Oh god, where do i start!?!

Between me and Rich we've had the following:

* Been knocked over several times resulting in bruises, cuts, sore muscles etc
* I've been knocked over once which then triggered an old whiplash injury and resulted in a few sessions with my chiropractor
* A few accidental bites from grabbing for a toy when over-excited!
* Sore wrists a few times from when Monty has seen a cat before I have whilst out walking
* Scratches from rough play.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing, oh yeh:

* Rich put his back out once lifting Monty into the bath!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »