View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Get angry with the rescue people as well, sounds to me they made little effort regarding the welfare of the dogs and sold them on easily because or the sympathy touch of prospective new owners.

It may be well worth reporting the pound to the authorities for animal neglect while under their care, irrespective of how the original owners kept them.

If the dogs were so emancipated then they should have made the tough final decision to stop the dogs suffering and not left it to the new owners.

Sounds very much to me that the pound owners are only interested in money grabbing from what you say, and give little care about the animals they are supposed to be looking after

We recently had two such a premises raided locally, one of which was closed by the local council until it was improved and the other had dogs removed that were in poor condition with a warning to the proprieters.

Realspeed
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 06:26 AM
Oh Zoe.....

You and Graham are such special people to put yourselves through so much heartache for the love of these poor, unfortunate dogs. My heart goes out to you, hon xx

Run free Dolly.... no more pain now, my love
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2011, 06:58 AM
I am sorry Zoe.

You did a kind and brave thing for Dolly.

I do not know the circumstances of how long Dolly was in the rescue pound but I was wondering why they had left her if she was in such a bad way and not had her checked at the vet before letting prospective owners see and fall in love with her only to lose her.

I thought all dogs shold be checked by a vet especially if showing such disturbing health issues.

I do not know whether you will investigate further or not your call on that. (((Hugs))) whatever you choose to do.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Poor Dolly but at least she is free from pain now

I too also question the place you got her from, why had they not done something for her?
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 08:10 AM
such a sad story. sorry you had to make that choice hope the greyhound is ok now they're saved *hugs*
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Get angry with the rescue people as well, sounds to me they made little effort regarding the welfare of the dogs and sold them on easily because or the sympathy touch of prospective new owners.

It may be well worth reporting the pound to the authorities for animal neglect while under their care, irrespective of how the original owners kept them.

If the dogs were so emancipated then they should have made the tough final decision to stop the dogs suffering and not left it to the new owners.

Sounds very much to me that the pound owners are only interested in money grabbing from what you say, and give little care about the animals they are supposed to be looking after

We recently had two such a premises raided locally, one of which was closed by the local council until it was improved and the other had dogs removed that were in poor condition with a warning to the proprieters.

Realspeed
I totally agree. She'd been there 2 weeks!! It's not the first time we've been concerned about what goes on there. We and other rescuers we work with are gathering a good case against them and we have it on reliable authority that things are not all they seem
We are on the case but as you know people close ranks so we need more evidence at the moment. It is in hand though and someone who used to work there is helping us. She left because of what goes on there.
All we can do at the moment is keep a close eye on the place, which we can as we take regular rescues from there. We will try our uttmost to make sure this doesn't happen again. Quite frankly I'm disgusted
Our time will come....we just need more evidence......which is coming slowly but surely.
In the meantime Graham and I are keeping an eye open and ears to the ground.
Thankyou all for your kind comments. It's so heartwarming when you can talk to like minded people who actually do care xxxxx
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
Hello there . i to rescue...and i hear you.Some times it makes you wonder, why do you put yourselfe through so much.. i wonder why everyday. in my culture, all life deservers a little dignity...because of you, this dog passed with a little...you should feel proud and know there is a dog who needed you and you did your best to see them to the bridge...run free,run forever....
Thankyou so much for your kind words. It's so hard isn't it? It makes me so sad that humankind can be so very cruel.
Well done to you too for rescuing. At least some dogs will have a better life. I know we can't save them all...but I so wish we could.
I look at my 5 babies.....4 of them were badly treated and now they are wonderful and happy. I gave each and every one a massive hug last night and they all slept in the bedroom with Graham and me!!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Poor Dolly, R.I.P free from pain now.
Rescuing can put so many of our emotions on the line, cry with the successful steps they make, the failure of pounds, rescues, and what people have done to them, they (rescues) should be an advocate first and foremost for the animals we love. To see needless suffering from people's lack of action can make you struggle to make sense of human thought processes at times, but all we can do, is stay true to what we believe is in the best interest of the dog, and no matter what position we have within rescue groups or pounds is try to our voices to be heard.
xxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:37 AM
That has broken my heart I am sat here crying. Poor little Dolly.

Zoe you are a star to take such care and give so much love to these dogs. Well done you. x
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Thankyou Jenny...you're so kind xxxxxx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >