Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 02:09 PM

Dogs and Water?

I was just wondering about the effect of river water on dogs. We took Louie and Benjie to a little river behind our house and they were loving it (pictures in the picture section) and when we got home and they'd dried off enough for them to come in the house - they wouldn't sit still, they were tip toeing, spinning, laying down, crawling, running up and downstairs - it was hilarious and they seemed to be giddy - not in distress.

Has any one else had this happen to their dogs?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Not just river water, any, snow has the same effect
leapinglouie
New Member!
Female 

15-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Not from the river, just from water in general....my Yorkie is the funniest thing ever, after I have given her a bath.....
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Yep a couple of mine run around like loonies when they are wet, they love getting wet though
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Mine are like that when they have a shower lol
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 10:38 AM
My big GSD, Zne does that and at just under 10 stone we have to make sure we're not in his way as he'd knock us flying!!

The others jus tlook like drowned rats and feel very sorry for themselves, aside from Yiannis who si very calm unless it's raining. He plays, jumps, tries to catch it etc and when he's tired, he'll lie down ont eh patio to go to ssleep. Even better (as far as he's concerned) if we have torrential rain. Anyone who sees this would no doubt come to the conclusion that either he's not allowed inside or there's something mentally wrong with him.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeap, Molly does this too I always figured it was something to do with wanting to smell 'like home' again. Like after you've given them a bath or they've been in some water they smell different so they rub themselves all over the place to try and make themselves smell like their surroundings again