Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I wish you luck, but I'm bound to ask, have you thought about everything There's a huge difference between going on holiday to Spain and actually working & living there. Wages, taxes, accomodation, tempory or permanent resident permits, working hours, social life, the list is quite long.

Residence permits are not mandatory under EU law but are still required by anyone giving you credit like a mobile phone company or a car hire firm.

Hope you have a great time 'tho, and look forward to seeing some pictures.
waiting for an email today which is going to tell me about the stuff above. the job is a live in position with meals included, so dont need to worry about accomodation.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Good luck very exciting!
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 03:51 PM
I had always wanted to live in spain, it must be lovely.
Have a great time, I couldnt do it now, not unless I could take my dogs, no question.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
I had always wanted to live in spain, it must be lovely.
Have a great time, I couldnt do it now, not unless I could take my dogs, no question.
im not going as a lifestyle choice though thats is the difference. if i was moving out there to live then i would take my dogs no question. but i am going out to work. its a career oppurtunity which will offer me so much more to do when i get back. better in the long run for me.

if the situation altered and in a couple of months she said the dogs could come out, then i would bring them out straight away.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
the job is a live in position with meals included, so dont need to worry about accomodation.
Well that's one less thing to worry about, hope you like paella personally I love it, even 'tho it's not on my diet sheet
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well that's one less thing to worry about, hope you like paella personally I love it, even 'tho it's not on my diet sheet
i actually have the worst thing ever with eating seafood really cant do it, although i suppose i should get used to it ergh prawns
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
im not going as a lifestyle choice though thats is the difference. if i was moving out there to live then i would take my dogs no question. but i am going out to work. its a career opportunity which will offer me so much more to do when i get back. better in the long run for me.

if the situation altered and in a couple of months she said the dogs could come out, then i would bring them out straight away.
I think you have a great attitude. You cannot let dogs hold you back from having a career and making a life for yourself, especially when excellent opportunities (like this) are presented to you. One of the only real chances you get to 'spread your wings' so to speak and be spontaneous is when you are young and not tied down to families, mortgages, etc. Your dogs are in good familiar hands, it isn't a permanent move and it sounds like really rewarding work - I'd say you are very, very lucky!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 05:02 PM
One of the reasons I didnt take it was because of leaving my dogs - so I can understand what people mean, all the work I would do out there is the same I could with my own doglets. Although it is a great opportunitie, one I am sure I will regret not taking for a while.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I think you have a great attitude. You cannot let dogs hold you back from having a career and making a life for yourself, especially when excellent opportunities (like this) are presented to you. One of the only real chances you get to 'spread your wings' so to speak and be spontaneous is when you are young and not tied down to families, mortgages, etc. Your dogs are in good familiar hands, it isn't a permanent move and it sounds like really rewarding work - I'd say you are very, very lucky!
i cant wait to get out there im going to be learning things in grooming, professional handling, breeding and rearing puppies, general kennel duties, and from one of the best people to learn from i think i look at it that when i get back here i will know so much more, and will hopefully be able to get somewhere better. im not working at the minute, and to be honest with the way kennel jobs over here (few and far between) id end up doing a dead end job i know i wouldnt enjoy. so i may be away from my dogs, but it is a year out of their lives, they are only young 2 and half and 7 months, so nothing is going to happen to them while im gone, and im presuming im going to be allowed time home at some point throughout the year for a visit. they will be fine, theyre very adaptable, they love the person who has their dinner dishes and leads
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Wow how exciting. What a wonderful opportunity. Best of luck xx
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4