Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 10:43 AM

Feeling green fingered :D

This spring is the first spring we have spent in our home. We moved in July last year so was too late to think about growing things, plus we had far too much to do!

Anyway, I now have a garden that is coming together and am feeling a bit green fingered!

I have bough a 4 teir grow house thingy and a lovely wooden palnter.
I c an buy some lovely pots too.
Was wondering about growing some raspberries and blacberries in a big pot, as iv been told they will spread too much if I plant them in the garden.

Preferably Id like all potted plants, rather than planted in the ground.

Any suggestions?

Need to be easy as im a novice to this kinda thing lol xxx
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 03:35 PM
No ideas?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Sorry not sure where all the gardeners have gone. My excuse I am on nights.

Anyhow most plants will do well in pots, the key being the right compost (ask where you buy the plant what they need) and you need to keep on top of watering as plants in pots dry out quickly. One thing that does work is either a drip system set up like a hosepipe or constant watering. I find gravel/chippings on top of the pots keep moisture in to some degree. And buy as big a pot as you can afford and fit. Make sure the pots are frost proof (especially given recent winters) or plastic (very realistic looking these
days)
Everything can be planted in pots even trees... I do't know anything about growing raspberries or blackberries (never have grown them) however can't see why you can't.

I say stick it in a pot and see how it goes the best thing is you can move it round the garden see where it does best.

Some pictures would be nice. I know I grew strawberries and tomatoes in hanging baskets one year very easy. You can also grow potatoes in a old dustin or a canvas bag.