Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-12-2010, 10:11 AM
An update from one of our volunteers:

“Brandy was my last walk of the day - I couldn't resist and as we'd caught up with walking all the dogs and just had those walks yesterday remaining, I 'treated' myself to a walk with Brandy.

She was very pull-y initially, but we were walking with other dogs and we soon shuffled around - at the front, she was back to being a dream to walk. Still quite interested in the sheep but they were far away enough to encourage her to walk on and ignore them for some treats.

A really lovely girly and she soon cottoned on that I was the source of food and kept checking in with me for rewarding.

I did notice she was jumping up a lot in the kennel to have a bark and grumpy at her neighbours, I think she may have snagged her toe doing so as there was a little blood on her foot this morning, not major and she was OK by the evening, so presumably a minor nail injury. Her nails didn't look to be bent out of place or anything serious though.
She now has a coat - albeit a teeny bit large, she's not as big as I thought she was when I made it! Stayed on OK throughout the day though so think it's fine.

Brandy is currently in boarding kennels and this stunning girl would really love to curl up in the warm for Christmas. If you are able to foster her please get in touch.

If you are interested in re-homing Brandy please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Brandy has gone into a foster home with one of our walking volunteers for 2 weeks over Christmas to give her a break from kennel life. Here is her update:

“Brandy's here for Christmas! We're off out on another walk with Casper and Kiki once my third pair of hands arrives, but I think Brandy's made herself at home (with the aid of a yummy chew)!

And I think for someone who kept warning me not to fall in love and ask to keep her, I think my other half is smitten! LOL!

If you are interested in re-homing Brandy please complete our homing questionnaire online via our website so that we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I cant believe this gorgeous girl is still available. I wish I was in a position to take on another dog. She'd be my dream dog!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Today is our last full day of Brandy's Christmas foster period sadly. She's spending a week with "Uncle John" at the BIGGSD rescue to see if he can get her getting along with dogs indoors, and she is due back for a visit next weekend but not sure if she will find herself back in kennels after that - unfortunately I didn't manage to get her introduced to my two so she couldn't stay for a longer period.
Brandy has done brilliantly here and I've really grown fond of her, she's a lovely dog and will make a fantastic loving companion - just a same she couldn't get on with my two as she could've stayed!
Brandy and I did go along to a group walk with lots of other dogs today, to see how her manners were in that sort of setting, and she did absoluntely fantastically. After the initial 10 minutes of excitable lunging behaviour, we had her walking with some calmer dogs, and then she seemed to turn a corner and mingle with all of the other dogs too.

Hello German Shepherd!

Hello Leonberger!

Hello other German Shepherd!

A quick sniff in passing

Mingling with the "pack"

And posing with a new friend

Really think these walks will do Brandy the world of good and if she does end up having to go back to kennels then I do plan to try to get her along to a few more of these.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-01-2011, 08:12 PM
An update from Brandy’s Christmas foster diary is below. She had a truly wonderful Christmas and her fosterers did a great job!

“Posing for the camera …

Something smells interesting over here...she found out where all the rabbit warrens are! Luckily Mr Rabbit spotted her before she spotted him and darted off out of sight

And getting some fuss of OH - he really has a soft spot for this girly …

I did give Brandy her Christmas present a little early to keep her entertained and she certainly seems to enjoy it - it's a real deer antler chew, even with her tough Rottie jaws she's barely made a dent in it!

Brandy had a nice trip to the local petshop during the week and got spoilt with lots of treats - the manageress was ready to dognap her right there! Brandy was brilliantly behaved - didn't try to pinch any of the yummy treats off the bottom shelves, resisted the urge to pee up the counter which must've smelt very interesting (has been peed on a lot in the past, I'm sure!) and met several strangers who thought she was gorgeous.

We spent Christmas morning having a nice rambling walk - the fields that our garden adjoins onto also leads around to some lovely open meadows, full of long grass and little streams, so we hooked up the longline and had a nice slow walk around. Didn't see a single soul and Brandy had a lovely time smelling through all the long grass - this girl is fascinated in smells, I think she has potential for a bit of tracking work in a new home!
We headed around the same route today and passed a couple and their dog - Brandy passed them brilliantly. We then met another couple, no dog this time, who stopped us to ask for directions. Brandy was a little eager to meet them but soon sat and waited calmly for me to point them off to their destination.

She is such a lovely girl to walk - well behaved with a perfect heel on lead, and aware of the length of longline - only a couple of times did she forget herself and suddenly reach the end of it but seemed to take not and a little "woah" from me makes her slow down.
Other than the odd little pee on Casper's bed (not sure if he could take it as a compliment or an insult!) when I forgot to take it up when switching them over to let Brandy in the living room, she's not had any accidents indoors. She doesn't seem to settle entirely, I think again, too many smells for her to ignore, but given time I'm sure she would.
No further with intros to my two I'm afraid - I think with a little more time, and another dog-savvy person, perhaps a behaviourist, (OH has been great but he doesn't have tons of dog experience and his confidence reflects it) she could probably be integrated in with other dogs but I decided that it's too short a period of time to risk stressing all the dogs out. Sadly means she'll be heading back to kennels in the New Year but if I win the lottery and can quit work, I will be straight back there bringing her home!

If you are interested in re-homing Brandy please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-02-2011, 09:58 PM
An update from Lorraine, one of our volunteer walkers:

“I took Brandy out today and she really is a lovely dog, she was bouncing like a looney before I went in her kennel and I wondered what I'd let myself in for, but she was a dream once in. Waited very, very patiently whilst I adjusted her harness and walked past the other dogs nicely.

She walked beautifully on the road on a short lead, listening to me all the time. Very happy in the field and I get the feeling she wanted an off lead run - sorry Brandy - she did get a little pully in the field, but I’m pretty sure she just wanted to burn off some energy. When I spoke to her she turned to listen, a very lovely girl.

She was taken by surprise when the Rotti gang all ran out to say 'hello' she barked and jumped to get over to them, but only in a very wanting to play way - no hackles raised at all and little stumpy tail wagging - I got a little worried when lots of traffic appeared at the same time (shes so strong!), but I touched her head to get her attention and all eyes were on me, she waited nicely for the cars to go by and ignored the barking Rotti family and then we carried on with our walk.

All in all a very lovely girl who has the perfect dog inside her just waiting to come out.

Excuse her funny faces in the first couple of photos, I was whining like a dog to get her attention and she was rather perplexed, LOL!

Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Yes! Guess who found their forever home!!!!
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2