Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-10-2010, 08:52 PM

Brandy, Rottie girl, DOB 07 – Gatwick, Surrey

Brandy, Rottie girl, DOB 07 – Gatwick, Surrey

Homing Requirements: Brandy is a large dog who has had a loving family background and would appreciate a family life again with respectful children. She would love to live with another dog and have the pleasure of a garden and regular walks, the latter she has not had before.

Her Story: Brandy came into her family as a puppy to join babies, toddlers and an elderly Collie. She was adored and successful in coping in a small flat. But living in a flat, the parents were finding it a struggle to cope and knew she needed more. We have just spayed Brandy. She is 3 years old, chipped and now needs vax.

Advert: Brandy is Brandy; not because she is a strong spirit, but because she is medicinal and gives you such a warm feel on sharing her company! We're addicted! She is very, very special and tender. When you have such a special gentle soul you know you have to find just the right home for her as she has had quite a restricted life without the dog centered activities that she so now deserves.

Brandy is 3 years old and came into rescue in mid October. She walks easily on the lead and isn't food or toy possessive. We are looking for a rescue conscious family who will give her time to build on skill deficits and know that she is pleasing you as she adjusts to life away from her 'little children'. Brandy is a small light framed Rottie who needs to add both muscle and weight onto her frame. She has been sitting about in a flat for most of her life and now needs to learn to enjoy a garden and social walks. We're telling you she is very special..!

Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2010, 05:26 PM
I got inducted to walk at Rescue Remedie's Gatwick kennel today and have to say I really fell in love with Brandy. She's a gorgeous girly who was a real pleasure to walk, and a typical Rottie who just wants a cuddle and a snog. I almost snuck her home with me!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-10-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm swooning! Such a beautiful girl - I'm hoping a Rottie fan will spot her and she isn't with us long. Fingers crossed.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Hi, I'm not sure whether to post this here or on your RR forums but here goes!

I'm really interested in coming to visit Brandy and maybe take her for a walk. How do I go about doing this? Is there anything specific I need to do?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi there

Well if you are thinking of adopting her then the first thing to do would be to complete our rehoming questionnaire and have a chat with our rehomer.

If you are just thinking of volunteering as a walker at our kennels and walking her and other RR dogs then you need to drop me an e-mail and I will put you in touch with the ladies that run our walking programme.

Hope that helps
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Oh gosh, I wish I could adopt her! Sadly I just don't think my mum will go for another dog in the house. She looks like she'll be snapped up soon enough though

I'm definitely interested in taking her or another dog for a walk though so I'll drop you an email!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi there

Just realised that you are too far away

Our kennels are at Gatwick & Farnham in Surrey. So sorry.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Oh gosh! I didn't notice that! Sorry to have wasted your time, I hope Brandy finds a new home soon
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-10-2010, 08:23 PM
No worries, I should have spotted your location myself.

I am sure there must be a rescue in your area which would love some help walking their dogs. Perhaps you can google for one in your area
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-11-2010, 05:02 PM
An update from one of our walkers ... smitten by Brandy!

"This girl was a pleasure to walk, great on lead. Just wanted cuddles and kisses like a typical Rottie softy. If I could foster right now then Brandy would be snuggled up on my sofa ASAP! Such a lovely girly and she was very gentle doing a sit and wait for some treats. Really hope this girl gets a home soon as she obviously is just waiting for lots of fuss from a new owner".

The fans are queuing amongst our volunteers! Here is another one!

"Another Brandy fan here, gentle and calm and patient we had a lovely walk today, she was very interested in the white horse, thankfully white horse wasn't too interested in us, LOL”!

And another!

"

“Brandy is such a gorgeous girl! We went out for a walk to a different pub for lunch today and she found it all quite exciting. When the food turned up though she was sitting nicely waiting for her share. She is young, bouncy and eager to see the world having missed out on so much as a pup. She will bring great joy to someone's life, someone who is ready to set off on life's great adventure with her. She wants to see everything and meet everyone. Generally confident but a little nervous for a moment walking along the road when she briefly cowered. She was certainly most put out by a very scary tree stump”.

Brandy is currently in boarding kennels and would benefit greatly in a foster home until her forever home comes along. Can you offer her a foster home? Are you able to adopt her? If you are thinking of adopting, be quick as we doubt she will be in rescue for long!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >