Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-04-2010, 09:55 PM

Freddie, Staffie, 4-5 years old

Freddie, Staffie, 4-5 years old

His Story: Freddie went into a police station one day and was never picked up..the police really rated him and pursued finding him a rescue place. A vet nurse took the case up and Freddie came to brighten our days on January 10.

Salient points: Medium sized dog who is very connected into his 'leader'. Majestic, wisened and all knowing. He takes all in his stride, but best as an only dog; no other pets because he is cool!

Advert: Freddie is a taute coloured bigger Staffie cross with his distinctive pointed ears which give the impression of keen listening. Infact Freddie is attuned in his vision as well, seeing it all, but not passing judgement..just walking on by. Freddie looks on and tries to make sense of his life. His owner had no-one to stand there for his dog, but he has been a loyal companion and soon picks up friends on first meeting. But Freddie is distinctive and just on looks alone you need confidence to take on this big softee! Freddie loves his walks and is not a puller..perhaps if he sees a cat.

Freddie needs TLC, a proper life which focuses on his needs and offers him a fireside and a garden to lie out in the sun. Freddie meets dogs well and doesn't react to dogs in the kennel block. Freddie is a one off - he looks tough, but on meeting you just meet a warm and slightly aloof dog who wants to be able to relax away from the kennels and sit beside you for strokes and maybe watch you whilst you work on your PC or prepare a meal. He can be left for short sessions. Freddie is a darling, we really rate him. He isn't a tough man's dog, he is just Freddie who'll offer his companionship and make you smile.

“Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found"

Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 04:45 PM
What a smashing looking dog! Good Luck Freddie...
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:37 PM
A volunteer took Freddie out today:

“Took Freddie out today, into the village and around it. I think he was pleased to be out”!

Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 12:55 PM
He's great, looks like one I used to walk myself!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Another nice walk with Freddie or should he really be called Eddie because he is such a Steady Eddie character. Good solid and reliable - that's our Freddie!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Julia walked Freddie on Saturday... check out those ears!

Julia said:

"Today I walked Freddie with Nicole. He walks very well, although can pull a tad at times when he wants to see what's going on - nothing terrible or off putting though. He is very inquisitive and loves to stare at horses and tractors - not fearful just curious. He is unfortunately extremely thin, which I think is a telling sign that he doesn't like being in kennels and perhaps either isn't eating properly or it's not staying down. For all his thinness he takes treats extremely gently from you - very gentlemanly little boy. He would benefit from a day out and a good meal as he is a lovely friendly dog with a lot of love and character to give back".

A gallery of Freddie photos has been started on:

http://www.juststaffies.org.uk/freddie/all/random

We have all been worried about Freddie. FredR has come forwards to give Freddie 4 days out of kennels! As of today and some hearty meaty meals. So pleaseeeeeed.

An update from Fred, Freddie's fosterer:

"Freddie has arrived and seems to enjoy himself.

"I have never had a GSD but Freddie does remind me of one - in miniature. He is infinitely curious, alert and always looking for guidance and approval. Being curious obviously means investigating every nook and cranny in the house and garden, then moving on to the kitchen work surfaces, the pedal bin, hmmm, wondering what’s in the fridge and how to open it. Dust pan and brush seem to hold a special attraction for him. While my last foster didn’t get the hang of the dog flap even after 7 weeks, Freddie took only about 10 minutes to jump through it - although I did hold it open for him. I’ll give him another 24 hrs to get through it unaided. Being fairly slim - Pharaoh ancestry perhaps? - I’m sure he would excel at agility. Enough, enough - its only Day One"!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-08-2010, 07:21 AM
We offer our dogs the opportunity of breaks from the kennels for anything from a long weekend onwards. Freddie recently had a four days break and it seems it did him good - his fosterer enjoyed it too. If you are able to offer our dogs a foster break for whatever length of time please visit our website and complete our foster questionnaire.

An update on Freddie from one of our kennel walkers:

"Walked Freddie yesterday and I have to say what a difference being out for 4 days has made to him - thanks Fred R! He looks great and seems much happier. He's an absolute joy to walk, not pulling, very patient, listens to commands and sitting down in the field for some cuddles and TLC time. He loves a little treat and takes them from you like an absolutely gentlemen. Beautiful Freddie!

Always love a walk with Freddie

He enjoyed Bryony's [another rescue dog] company too".

Freddie is available for foster until his forever home comes along.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Freddie is on YouTube!

http://www.staffierescue.co.uk/page46.htm

Our fav Freddie is a Hoochy Coochy Staffy !

Freddie is currently in boarding kennels and waiting for his forever home to come along ... could it be you?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Pics of Freddie - isn't he beautiful!

Ok now for a change of collar and we're off again

Hello Hello Hello whats this I've found in your bag ...

Good boy sit

If I lift my paw up will that help?

Love Freddie so much..has been with us since the 17th January! Sitting in kennels waiting for a foster or forever home.

Keeping watch for squirrels
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-11-2010, 11:08 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

"I walked Freddie today with Ringo. Freddie really is so full of character. You only have to look at his face and big ears to see what he's thinking. He walks well and seems to want to play with other dogs when we meet any en route. When Ringo came out he lay down in the field and waited calmly until Ringo had passed to take the lead. Ringo however didn't even seem to notice this gentlemanly behaviour - too busy sniffing around the longer grass! Freddie didn't pull and walked well with me. His ears are constantly up and alert and he seems to thrive on lots of chatter from me while I'm walking him. I told him to wait at the second turnstile while Ringo went through and instead of just sitting he decided to lie on his side with his leg cocked out. He did look funny - almost as if he were relaxing on a beach somewhere. He also sat when told and posed for a photo. I just can't understand why he's still here and not in a loving home, adopting that relaxed pose on a warm comfy sofa".

Freddie is still in kennels waiting for either a foster place or his home to come along ... could you help him?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >