Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2014, 08:03 AM

For once!!

So I made dinner last night. There are 4 people here and everyone besides dad takes turns to prepare meals. Normally (as many people here know) my meals are BAD NEWS! Half of them go uneaten and given to the dogs (or stray cats) if appropriate, or, more often, tossed.

But yesterday I made a chicken and rice stew and everyone loved it (my mother does not eat meat, but tasted it and said it was very good, too) and I got so many jokes about getting secret cooking lessons and for once my food was edible. My family is wicked!!

I know my next dish will be a disaster, so for now I'll just be mega happy that I got some accolades by my family this time instead of weird faces when they get their food and EW when they tasted it.

It was served up a bit more messily, but this is what it looked like for the most part. This is leftover I popped in the M/C for eating a while ago Yes, I know. BAD!

The carrot/cran salad beside it I tried to make was a disaster, but I didn't make much so not much to toss. Can't win them all!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2014, 08:06 AM
Well done Myra, hey who knows maybe this is where you turn the corner and become supercook!
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-08-2014, 10:28 AM
This will be the first of many wonderful dishes I'm sure!!