Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Thanks Crystalgirl
It's not that severe for me, but I am wondering if it could influence my weight.. I'll have to check it out sometime soon.
Until then: healthy living and sports will have to do
Hope your health stays ok!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Thanks Crystalgirl
It's not that severe for me, but I am wondering if it could influence my weight.. I'll have to check it out sometime soon.
Until then: healthy living and sports will have to do
Hope your health stays ok!
Hi Florence it does,I would have rather had the over active,you become really thin with that,but no trust me to get the one that puts weight on,The consultant I see,stressed no funny diets,just eat sensibly as dieting with an underactive is like trying to go up a hill with a piano on your back. crystalgirl
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Weighed this morning as I felt a bit bloated and wanted to check if I had put on but found I had lost 2.2lbs since last weigh in on monday !
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Weighed this morning as I felt a bit bloated and wanted to check if I had put on but found I had lost 2.2lbs since last weigh in on monday !
Hi Well done,Some people get sponsored say a £1 for 1lb and that can go to a charity,crystalgirl
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Yes I did wonder about that when I started but decided on balance this has to be about me no pressure to do it for anyone else or I may just set myself up to fail again. Sorry if that sounds selfish but when I have tried to do it for other people I just haven't done well at all.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Good news about the weight loss Julie.

I've made my mind up. No more messing about, I've GOT to get fit. It's bad enough my jeans not doing up, it's bad enough seeing myself in the mirror, but this morning was the last straw. I had to get something from the back of a low cupboard. I struggled to get down on the floor, I struggled to reach the thing, and I struggled to get up again. Bit of a wake up call for me!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Good news about the weight loss Julie.

I've made my mind up. No more messing about, I've GOT to get fit. It's bad enough my jeans not doing up, it's bad enough seeing myself in the mirror, but this morning was the last straw. I had to get something from the back of a low cupboard. I struggled to get down on the floor, I struggled to reach the thing, and I struggled to get up again. Bit of a wake up call for me!
Hi You could increase your walks with the dogs,and just cut down but dont go silly,because there is no such thing as "Diet" its healthy eating.crystalgirl
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Very true - once my sprained ankle is better I can get back to long walks. At the moment my son is doing most of the exercising, but I'm building up gradually.

He keeps coming back with tales of new dogs that have appeared on the scene, and I can't wait to meet them!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 04:30 PM
so yesterday my food consisted of chip shop for lunch and take away pizza for dinner. How i'm not obese i don't know, but that "just because you're skinny does't mean your healthy" is pretty true and i need to stop eating all that junk.

I really wish the take away people would be like "er haven't you had enough saturated fat and salt for the next decade?" and stop delivering.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
so yesterday my food consisted of chip shop for lunch and take away pizza for dinner. How i'm not obese i don't know, but that "just because you're skinny does't mean your healthy" is pretty true and i need to stop eating all that junk.

I really wish the take away people would be like "er haven't you had enough saturated fat and salt for the next decade?" and stop delivering.
Hi Some days you can be unhealthy,other days be healthy,even the strictest diet allows you treats,so dont feel so bad.crystalgirl
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »