View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2008, 01:18 PM
We to leave our dogs in the car.. we have a tailgate guard in my car and we leave the boot open and the guard double padlocked... not that anyone would get near enough to steal the dogs.. as Noah has such a big gob.. lol

Believe me my dogs much prefer to be out with us and left for short periods in the car.. than being left at home alone.
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by janie View Post
We to leave our dogs in the car.. we have a tailgate guard in my car and we leave the boot open and the guard double padlocked... not that anyone would get near enough to steal the dogs.. as Noah has such a big gob.. lol

Believe me my dogs much prefer to be out with us and left for short periods in the car.. than being left at home alone.

Thats completely understandable though, the dogs are getting planty of air and theres no problem. Its the poor dogs that bake to death in the heat that are the problem
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 11:02 AM
I had to pop into the shops on my way back from a walk not so long back. After a minute of weighing up the odds... I took the dogs out of the car and walked up to the front of the shops... There were a gag of teenagers at the front.. I teach in a college, so generally teenagers hold no fear for me. I immediately spotted the 'responsible one'. (its a gift, you have to have been teaching for a while to pick up the little signs, dont try this at home ). I handed the three dogs to him and asked if he could look after them while I popped into the shops. A few minutes later I emerged with shopping to find three very happy and pampered dogs. I handed the kids a bag of funsize sweets and thanked them.

There is ALWAYS an option. it is NEVER ok to leave the dogs in the car in this weather... the tailgate guards are a fab idea though and one I have often considered investing in, but never got round to.
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2008, 12:36 AM
The only time we have ever left our dogs in the car was when we was away a couple of weeks ago we went to yorkshire we took the dogs out every day cos it was a hoilday for them as well and we only left them if we went in to have a coffee and only if the car was out side the cafe and we had the sun roof open and the windows it makes me so mad to see dogs in a car on a hot day and the owner is in the supermarket
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Unfortunately, he told me he had to wait until the dog actually collapsed (YES, they had to watch all that!) before being allowed to smash the car window in too!!! I think the law has now been changed and he can smash it no matter what, thank God!
Oh God Helena, the law is an ass Thankfully I also believe the law has changed so people in authority (Dog warden, Police, etc.) can take immediate action.

What annoys me is that in the example you gave most of the onlookers would have likely been wanting the dog warden to act before the dog collapsed but had he done so there would surely have been one individual who'd report him for improper actions

I don't know what the law is in this country, most people are sensible and I believe there has been a TV campaign but TBH the loss of a dog is not something locals would get too upset about
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by kingbenny View Post
as he's old he seems to get away with it!
Well I'd prefer to think that it's not his age but more the fact that he acted responsibly and thank God that was recognised.

Remember when he was younger he lived in an age when personal responsibilty was taken seriously and people nearly always tried to act responsibly.

Wish that it was so today
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
I immediately spotted the 'responsible one'. (its a gift, you have to have been teaching for a while to pick up the little signs, dont try this at home )
Oh Magpye I've been in a bad mood all morning but that sure has put a smile on my face thanks.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3