(Tail docking) Thought This Might Be Of Interest

Vets Against Docking

http://www.vetsagainstdocking.co.uk/VAD-home-page.html

Sent to me by Animal Concern
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 09:48 PM
I must admit to my ignorance of yesteryear and say that untill about 10 years ago i thought dogs with short tails were born that way its awful to think were supposed to be a nation of animal lovers and yet we allow this to happen ,hopefully it will be stopped once and for all .
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-12-2005, 10:04 PM
i agree with with docking only if done by a vet
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-12-2005, 10:37 PM
I personally have no strong feelings on the matter however, I'm very glad that Sparky's is not docked; I think it just looks so much better and as a signal to other dogs of how he's feeling it's certainly more visible. I mean imagine if some higher biengs thought we looked better without our lips and eyebrows? You wouldn't know if the person walking toward you was going to shake your hand or pull your head off.

I'm rambling again are'nt I'?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 10:53 PM
yeh I dont agree with docking - if its born with its for a reason !!
Love to see a dogs tail wagging and even when I have been whipped by bruno's tail at least 5 times a day and have bruises to show for it - still love the fact that he has one !! - He does too - loves to chase it !!
Nade
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Ernie is docked. This was definately NOT my choice but he was from a travellers site. I much prefer then with tails. Ernie wags his little stup like no ones business, it would be so much nicer to see a whole tail in action!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-12-2005, 09:41 AM
The link wont open for me

My 2 are docked and if it was something I felt strongly about I would not have boxers. I dont have a problem with docking as long as its done properly. I feel that you should have a choice.

What about all the other things that get done to animals eg. clipping wings on birds, removing claws to stop scratching, tongue removal in calves. Why do people not speak out against all these things too. They might not happen in the UK but they do happen a lot worse than a band round the tail at 2 days old.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2005, 10:13 AM
I don't have my cocker pups docked, I would say 99% of them go as pets only, so no need. I have to admit, when we first started breeding, I did have them docked, the day the vet was due at my house I felt physically sick knowing what I was putting these poor babies through. Anybody that says they don't feel it aren't being truthful, my vet used to make me hold the pup and hold the tail out straight, ask me where I wanted it cut, then just cut them off with scissors! Those poor pups would scream, then shiver and shake for ages afterwards, and because the pups were stress mum is too, the vet always insisted mum was locked out during the process which made matters ever worse......if you've had pups before you'll know what I mean, locking a mum away from her 2 day old babies!

4 out of our 6 have full waggy tails, never had any problems with them and we live next to woodland where sometimes the only part of them you can see is their tail wagging

The sooner it's banned, the sooner people will accept them they way nature intended!
MBll
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2005, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=Carole]The link wont open for me

QUOTE]

Try that carole

www.vetsagainstdocking.co.uk

Just want to say that Im against any form of crueltyon animals its unnecessary & barbaric. For those that dish it out can take it & see how they like it. We are not an a national of animal lovers whether pet or wild ..not even close.

Very few folk if any agree with me on anything animal related.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm strongly against it and would never ever buy a dog who was docked. Jake is docked only because I got him as a rescue. Two of my uncles are vets and they both told me the pain the pups feel is the equivelant of cutting a babies little finger off. So anyone that tells me otherwise I don't believe you! It's a barbaric practice which should have been banned years ago. In fact every vet in the area I live refuses to do it and allso where my mum lives the vets refuse to do it so thank goodness for some sensible people out there!

Only problem is it forces some incompetent breeders to take matters into their own hands which is even worse
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »