View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 12:42 PM

Recommendations for supermarket Gluten, Dairy,Soy, Egg, Wheat free stuff!

Hi all..

My daughter Ellie has developed excema patches and a persistant rash, so as I am still breastfeeding, Im am to go on an elimination diet to see if its an allergy she has.

I have to cut out eggs, dairy, wheat, gluten, soy and nuts...

I have found some oat milk i can have which tastes ok in tea and some vegan chocolate so i have the most important ones covered

Does anyone have any supermarket products that are good?? ie bread, flour, biscuits etc?

ETA: We only have Asda, Sainsburys and Morrisons...

Thanks

Alex
xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 12:45 PM
If you contact Sainsbury's they will send you a print out of products which are OK for you to have....

I had to cut out dairy for my son when he was little ans they were great. Hopefully they still do such things....

Good luck.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks Fudgely, we order our food from Sainsburys online and they have a massive section for these foods which is great its more a case of which bread is good and which is bad, taste and texture wise....

its a little more difficult with these foods as i also have to avoid soy and egg and so many of the Wheat, gluten and dairy free have egg or soy to replace the ingredients!

Its a good job i like cooking from scratch!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 12:55 PM
My friend has Coliac disease and she says the Tesco bread is horrid so to be avoided! She gets a prescription for special flour from her doctor.

You could always try health shops but I guess they may be more expensive.

Good luck-it is awkward having a food allergy as I know as I have a yeast allergy.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Have been wheat,gluten,yeast(not much dairy,fruit,sugar) free for six years so know how hard it is trying to find food. Have'nt found any ready made bread yet but 'orgran'do bread mix and lots of other products which are some of the best have found. Lakeland do an Australian bread mix 'Laucka'. Morrisons have some pretty good(as much as it can be) gluten free/dietry specials and do gluten free sausages. Dove Farm flours are good and don't know if you've ever tried Quinoa (pronounced keen wah).
Sainsbury and M&S do some products too, not sure about egg content though. Have some recipes and a link from a post recently, will find it. Hope helps a bit and you have success with the elimination diet in sorting out Ellie's eczema. Good luck, will let you know if think of anything else
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Blimey sausages! never thought about them! hmm this could be harder than i thought!

It took me about 2.5 hours yesterday doing the food shop as i was searching ingredients! never thought to check sausages! looks like the hubby will have them all to himself!

Kerryowner - My best friend is a vegetarian coeliac as well, she said the gluten free bread is great toasted but can take days to chew if not! lol!

Im glad birds custard is fine to have! i can still make my profiteroles!

Thanks for the help everyone!