Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LoweherzLeos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2010, 02:11 PM

****My Boy Saved A Life Today****

My beautiful leo saved a mans life today!

Brian... my next door but one neighbour is disabled and one of the most kind hearted man in the world. He lives on his own and has no family or friends (other than his neighbours).

McCartney was chilling out in the garden this afternoon about 4pm and I was sat in the front room (on the comp as per ). He has always been a bit vocal when someone comes down our drive which is what we love as naturally the sound of him is an deterent to any unwanted guest (although some wanted guests too). Today he was kindly minding his business pottering about in good Leo fashion and then all of a sudden errupted into this ferocious being throwing himself at our fence. This was completely out of character... teeth were bare, lips curled... foaming at the mouth. I rushed out side to see him fixated on Brians bedroom window. This attention on the window made myself and Brians neighbour (our next door but 2) look up at the window to see a man, not brian closing the curtains. Immediately Ian (our next door but two) went round and got Brian out of the house, just as 3 men came down the stairs waving claw hammers and running down his drive they stopped half way to turn and throw bricks from the garden and soon dashed off to their car and sped away.

My boy McCartney is a hero... if he hadn't shown attention to this Brian would have still been in the house when the burglars came down the stairs... Who knows what may have happened!

Naturally Brian is very shook up as it is unclear at present how the burglars made it into his house and up the stairs without him knowing. They had been there a while as they had upturned the bedroom, but yet unknown if anything had been taken.

So my very special little boy has had a huge special dinner tonight for being such a clever man. I will never tell him off for being noisy again!

(this actually happened yesterday but have only just got round to posting it on here!)
WarFlyball
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2010, 02:15 PM
What a fantastic boy, you must be very proud of him.

How awful for your neighbour, I do hope he is okay... (and of course hope they catch the scum who did this)
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 03:14 PM
What a wonderful dog. I hope he got a reward.
Since your neighbour is disabled could he get a panic alarm? It must be so upsetting for him.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Well done McCartney
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Well done to McCartney, what a clever lad.

I agree with C&D has your neighbour a panic alarm ? If not it might be worth him thinking of asking his council about them.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Well Done McCartney You deserved your reward for saving Brian x
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Well done McCartney, what a shock to have happened, I hope that your neighbour is ok now, that must of felt horrid realising what had happened without him knowing.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Wow, what a fantastic story. What a clever, sensitive chap you have ;o)
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Wow, Super Hero McCartney!! How clever of him to know something was amiss. Definitely deserves his special dinner

Hope your neighbour is ok. Bet he is so thankful to your lovely Leo.
bookmarc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Kudos to McCartney! Dogs make about the best alarm system you can have. They will tell you that something disturbing is happening, based on their incredible powers of sight, scent and hearing. They will even sometimes alert when their person is about to have a seizure, though the scientists cannot tell you exactly how they do that--probably scent.

We occasionally have break-in burglaries in my neighborhood and I count on my boys to let me know if there is anything out of order on the property. When it comes to dealing with it, I have a 36-inch baton behind by bedpost and a 50-inch Bo staff hidden at the bottom of the stairs. I will take it from there.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >