Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2007, 07:27 PM

Labrador in disguise?

OK, so Hoki looks like a border collie, but I'm beginning to think she is actually a labrador in disguise.

The evidence...

Loves to carry things round her mouth

Loves water & will find any excuse to get in it

Really, really loves her food.

So what do you think - are there any other key traits that I should keep an eye out for?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Mud, if there is mud there will be a lab about. Rolling in things that once had a pulse and sometimes having a little taste. You said food, but the scale is the key, they will eat until they pop. They love to chew, anything and everything.

It sounds like Hoki could become an honorary lab but its a tough club to get into.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Ahh, maybe she's not quite there yet then

She does love to roll in smelly things, but she isn't that attracted to the mud. I think this is conflicting with her membership of the really white doggy club.

Yes, she will eat anything - she doesn't even seem to smell or look at it first - just opens up and in it goes. I was holding a pound coin the other day & she thought I was offering it - I'm sure she would have taken it & swallowed if I'd let her
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Ahh, maybe she's not quite there yet then

She does love to roll in smelly things, but she isn't that attracted to the mud. I think this is conflicting with her membership of the really white doggy club.

Yes, she will eat anything - she doesn't even seem to smell or look at it first - just opens up and in it goes. I was holding a pound coin the other day & she thought I was offering it - I'm sure she would have taken it & swallowed if I'd let her
The eating anything is a sign of labitus The board of labs look at each case before the make a descison. However they will not except a white dog club memebr as it goes against everything a lab belives.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
The eating anything is a sign of labitus The board of labs look at each case before the make a descison. However they will not except a white dog club memebr as it goes against everything a lab belives.
Fair enough, it does make sense that she can't be in both.
Once the wet weather comes back and there is some mud around, we'll see where her alliances really do lie
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-05-2007, 08:11 PM
They will be happy to hear her case then, cos they dont meet for a while as in this weather they are all busy testing bbq food so the owners dont get ill. And a couple of the panel are judging a daft hat contest.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2007, 08:14 PM
They will be happy to hear her case then, cos they dont meet for a while as in this weather they are all busy testing bbq food so the owners dont get ill.
yes of course that's the only reason they eat the bbq food - its a totally selfless act
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm sure my Alf is a labrador. He's a border collie as well, but he loves carrying things round too, adores water, especially puddles, knows exactly where mud will be on every walk we go on, is a real food stealer and regularly steals food of the counter, 'kills' his toys by shaking them around like a mad man and a walk wouldn't be a walk if he didn't roll in anything nasty.

On the other hand my lab cross would NEVER go near wood, hates water, has never rolled in anything in her life, hates toys, and although she likes food she is VERY picky!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Mud, if there is mud there will be a lab about. Rolling in things that once had a pulse and sometimes having a little taste. You said food, but the scale is the key, they will eat until they pop. They love to chew, anything and everything.

It sounds like Hoki could become an honorary lab but its a tough club to get into.
where most dogs eat to live a lab will live to eat .............................even poo