View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 07:02 AM
When I was at my mums in Newcastle, she doesn't like dogs in the house...& I couldn't leave Ruby home as the OH was working long hours, so I took her with me put a tent up in my Mums garden & slept out there with her..
We walked for around 7 miles each day as my Mum loves walking everywhere we'd be out about 4-5 hours..but that too was taking lunch while we were out.

At home I tend to do half hour to an hour in the mornings with Ruby & MIKey, a quick walk at lunchtime with only Mikey & a couple of hours in the evening with both of them again.

Bev x
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 08:48 AM
We did an 8 mile walk a couple of months ago which took us about 3 1/2 hours but that was with a bit of stopping and starting and then we went out in the evening probably for about an hour so a couple of miles maybe. We also did one a few weeks ago which was 7miles which took us about 3 hours although Ted was more knackered as he could go off lead for most of that walk, again we went out in the evening for about an hour. We probably cover a fair few miles when we go to the caravan as we might go out three or four times a day but time and length vary depending on what else i'm doing
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 09:02 AM
I used to regularly do long walks of 4 hours at a time but just don't have time for those any more

However, the longest walk I ever did was many years ago now when myself and two friends (and our dogs) stupidly got lost walking in the mountains of the Highlands of Scotland and we ended up walking solidly for, I think, it was 12 hours! Not something I recommend!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 09:27 AM
2 hours without travelling. We've been out all day before, but it's often broken up with travelling and visiting.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 09:50 AM
About 17 miles. We walked into work - spotted the flaw?

We walked back. My "Faster route home" wasn't.
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2011, 10:31 AM
10 miles is a good distance for us in one day.
I recently did 81 miles over 5 days without the dogs (it was too far and too hot for them).
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 12:53 PM
I regularly used to do 12-15 miles per walk with the dogs when I frequented the Peak District, and 12 miles round there is pretty tiring as it's hardly flat! In that case we'd be out most of the day.

I dont go there now i'm single so around 4-5 hours is the norm for a weekend walk, 2-3 hours during the week.
ste
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Last week I went with a friend to a different area, and we walked for 8-9 hrs (we forgot a map) But I regularly do walks of 3 -5 hrs with Jed, in the summer I work at an information point at 2400m , I take Jed with me, and walk up in the morn (800m ascent) Jed then spends the day, wondering around at the top of the mountain, then we walk down at the end of the day!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by ste View Post
Last week I went with a friend to a different area, and we walked for 8-9 hrs (we forgot a map) But I regularly do walks of 3 -5 hrs with Jed, in the summer I work at an information point at 2400m , I take Jed with me, and walk up in the morn (800m ascent) Jed then spends the day, wondering around at the top of the mountain, then we walk down at the end of the day!
That sounds perfect!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2