View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 03:38 PM

Baby Intrepid Explorer Stress (no wonder I'm getting skin rashes)

Carys has been crawling a fair while now but has taken to pulling herself up on furniture and in the last week or so, cruising along it. It's wonderful to watch and I'm dead proud of her but I can't keep her in one place, don't have eyes in the back of my head and if I blink she's pulled herself up, removed one hand, tried to walk, toppled over and banged her head.

Unfortunately we have laminate flooring although I've moved the big rug over to the sofa, which is where most of her walking attempts are taking place.

I'm doing my best to be by her side when she is cruising. I have a baby walker but so far she's unimpressed with it.

Look of determination!

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Where has the time gone!!!!!! She's crawling and standing up trying to walk????? She's still as cute as ever though with that gorgeous head of red hair, but I really can't get over how big she's grown now! Thanks for showing us your beautiful little girl again Lucky. I'll be waiting for those wedding pics soon the way the time's flying!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-04-2007, 03:45 PM
yes she is getting to the 'interesting' stage now. (otherwise known as a pain in the ***) this will last until she leaves home and gets married, but you will still experience outbreaks (when she visits to borrow your car/money/contents of the freezer)!
I often wonder I was never had up by the 'cruelty' as my 2 were covered in bumps and bruises when they were doing the walking practice, plus they were always pulling things off (my phone ended up on top of a bookcase out of the way). Enjoy Linda, once she finds her sea legs you'll never catch her!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I know, makes me feel ancient! She's over 9 months old now.

Wedding? Oh no, no, no there'll be no boys!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
yes she is getting to the 'interesting' stage now. (otherwise known as a pain in the ***)

But they do survive this stage, don't they? I feel awful when she has a tumble.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 03:49 PM
ahh lucky star she is beautiful i think your going to have more than her walking attempts to worry about , she is going to be a heart breaker esp with her head of lovely red curls
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Thank you Dollyknockers.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 04:06 PM
I remember it well. My eldest never even did the stand up and balance stage. She perfected a technique of standing upi then letting go and just going for it. A great idea except the only way she had of stopping was to get wherever she was going or just fall over splat. She is just like this now in temperament. Gets a little confidence then goes for it hell for leather. my advice is watch how she masters the walking as it is a good indication of how they go on to master other things in life
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Eeek Fudgeley, how terrifying to see!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 04:28 PM
It won't be long before Carys is toddling about un-aided

She'll sufffer a few more bumps and bruises yet Linda. As she gets older, you'll learn to have eyes in the back of your head

....and yes, they do survive this stage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >