Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 07:16 PM

Families

OK,
We all know this time of year is stressful,but I've got S*** coming at me from all directions.

As you know I've got problems with Tom at school,Lukes at college, and Liz does after school clubs and cadets,She usually has her weekends taken up by doing stuff with them.

Anyway had a phonecall off Dad yesterday, this year,he's not coming down,Stepmum's not well,aggro with his Mum (my Nan) etc,fine no big deal....

Anyway my brother usually comes down and brings my other Nan with him.So I thought I'd give him a call,he never bothers ringing here ever.
Anyway tonight I rang him and asked if he was coming down,he started giving me a lecture on the phone that we don't make the effort etc....Hang on Luke's got stuff planned,so has Liz with parties etc,we've also got the dogs to consider,then he proceeds to tell me with attitude we are not the only family with commitments etc,so I put the phone down,he's not speaking to me like I'm crap!

I'm so annoyed,can't do weekdays,he works all day,so weekends are the free time he has,I don't as my kids are busy, and I'd only rung to say if he couldn't get down and we coulldn't get up there,I'd post the cards and some money etc,he could have spoken to me properly and said he couldn't come and there wouldn't be a problem,well he can ring me now because I'm not bothering anymore!It's always me that does the chasing - Stuff It!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 07:43 PM
huge hugs............ breath in ....................and out..........................................and in......................and out..........now go give the dog a hug,,,,, things will feel better

families eh?.... but alas...most of us have them xxx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Awww hun, remember they do you say you can't pick your relatives but you can pick your friends..... so we should all have a Dogsey Christmas.

I've never had big family Christmases, in fact never had anyone over at Christmas until I met my OH and now his Mum and brother come sometimes, and that's it. But if there was any aggro forecast I'd rather spend it on my own. Don't take any crap, and don't feel guilty for putting the phone down either.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks,
I've rung Nan and told her what's gone on, and we'll be going to see her and our friend in SBT's next week,Either Tuesday or Thursday.

She also said she would have hung up too,if he had that attitude with her She was going to ring him but said I'm not going to bother now

No point in going to Dad's he won't be there,and definatly not going around my brother's.

I'm going to post there cards.
I really don't care if I don't speak to him again,quite frankly I'm sick of having to defend and justify myself and hubby to him.It's not the first time it's happened,I told my Dad last time and told him not to come around our's unless he apologised first,he did but it took a month!
So he can get on with it,his loss not mine