View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-10-2004, 07:59 AM
Hi I have known many people who use cannibis regularly to no apparent ill effect I also know of people who have become psycholgically dependant on it which has been very damaging (depression etc) but you could say the same about alcohol. As S.A. says folk under the effects of drink are more likely to cause problems with violence. I haven't touched cannabis for years because I stopped enjoying it but my oh used to smoke it - can't now due to his job. Theres a member of our family that smokes joints but doesn't like cigarettes as she just smokes for the effect cannibis gives her not because of a nicotine addiction.
I believe there should be some way of roadside testing for it.
It should be available for pain relief.
I haven't got to the stage with my kids for drug education so don't know how the schools are doing it now.
mr.leo
Dogsey Senior

23-10-2004, 08:32 AM
Thanks for all your replies on this subject.

Since i'm new to this board i have taken the time to look at some of the older subjects and i noticed the one on smoking ban some people that have posted on there to ban smoking but they smoke drugs or maybe smoking drugs is more socially acceptable than fags.

For all those people that smoke drugs and don't smoke fags you lot are hypocrites as you say that you don't like fags if you smoke drugs just for the effect then you are a SMOKER

Some people can lose thier jobs down to passive smoking of drugs
pete
Almost a Veteran

23-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by mr.leo

Some people can lose thier jobs down to passive smoking of drugs

i hardly think it would be in a public place you would be finding so
someone smoking a joint ,and if you did you could always move away from them .
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2004, 09:45 AM
I don't really have an opinion on this .....have never taken drugs and never will ............
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-10-2004, 09:46 AM
I agree Pete you would have to be in a confined area with someone smoking a joint. My oh is in the same position so can't be near anything like that as he can get tested at any time.
Are people not allowed to enjoy one or the other Mr Leo?
I think the smoking ban thread was regarding smoking in public places not wether they thought smoking was acceptable at all.
mr.leo
Dogsey Senior

23-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by kirstie b
Are people not allowed to enjoy one or the other Mr Leo?
I think the smoking ban thread was regarding smoking in public places not wether they thought smoking was acceptable at all.
No i don't think you can enjoy one or the other.

If someone is against smoking in plublic places or smoking in general and they smoke drugs don't you think this hypercritical of them. I't ok for them to smoke drugs cause it's only once in awhile. They are still doing damage to them selfs and others around them.

What would they say if their doctor asked them if they smoked what do you think they would say? That they only smoke when having a splif.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2004, 11:31 AM
I used to go out with someone who smoked cannabis. Needless to say it didn't last long.

I went into his house once and all you could smell was cannabis smoke. I felt really sick and that was the end of that realtionship.
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Yes it would be hypocritical to be completely anti smoking and still smoke joints
Do you mean you don't think it's acceptable to enjoy one or the other or that you don't think it's possible to enjoy either or
As long as it's not affecting me or mine I'm not bothered either way I don't do it nor does anyone close to me any more but each to his own an all.
Captain Proton
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-10-2004, 11:45 AM
I have tried it, but after trying it i came to the conclusion that any sort of drugs are for lamers. There is no need for it, there is no need for smoking either, its all for the image. The goverment should double the tax on ciggs.
pete
Almost a Veteran

23-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by mr.leo
If someone is against smoking in plublic places or smoking in general and they smoke drugs don't you think this hypercritical of them. I't ok for them to smoke drugs cause it's only once in awhile.
i think youll find hard to find someone who thinks smokin in general is wrong who also smokes a joint,and why not think its wrong to smoke in public places thats being A conciderate smoker dont you think [/quote]
Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »