Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2020, 07:41 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 22nd February, 2020

Good morning all. lets hope the weather is settling down at last, or is that high hopes. I trust you and your four legged friends are all well.

Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all keep safe and well.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you get the painting in the lounge finished today Lynn. At least there are two of you doing it so it doesn't take so long, here it is just me. Mind you I am happy doing it at my own pace

Blowing a gale out there and damp in the air. Teazle and I nearly took off at one point

Hope all are well

Have a good day and take care and keep safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-02-2020, 10:05 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
So windy here again we were nearly blown off our feet like you Sue at some points.
Also nearly blown off my feet in the garden to. Not sure I will be chancing washing on the line today. Tumble dryer again it is again then.

Chris that's a long time to wait for a decision for Gary.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-02-2020, 10:48 AM
Hi all

I suggested to Sue we rearrange the back of the garage. First of all so the fridge and freezer is closer to a power point and the rest needs sorting out as well . The is a push bike "ladies" that needs to be taking down to a shop that buys them - loads of bits and pieces all over the place as well , Old fishing rods- drain rods- sons DJ lighting stuff- cupboards- ladders- spare wall tiles -roof gutter cleaners- vacuum car cleaner ,you name it and it looks like a ready made jumble sale area. Trouble is it is still a bit too cold to do the sorting out.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-02-2020, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
you name it and it looks like a ready made jumble sale area. Trouble is it is still a bit too cold to do the sorting out.

By coincidence I started on a 'clear out' yesterday as well. It's amazing how much 'stuff' one accumulates over just a few years. (We have only been in this house for five years) You're right it is cold out there

I used to collect stuff 'that might be useful one day' I'm not doing that anymore, I might even hire a small skip.

Problem with my condition is that I get tired after about an hour and have to take a break.

Lynn, Sue, Moyra hope your weekend goes well, I don't think we'll get any rain today which is good, the river was high yesterday but no burst banks, we are close to but not actualy on the 'flood plain'

Greetings to all who follow, bye for now
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2020, 01:25 PM
Good afternoon all.

Very 'bracing' here today again. The wind has been howling since last night.

Lynn, we've been trying for 6 years to get him a flat there so we are not holding our breath that they will accept him this time round. If not, we will apply again in 18 months or so. In Lincolnshire, nothing works quickly so we are used to long waits
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2020, 08:40 PM
How's everyone? Have you survived yet another rough day? The wind this afternoon was bad. I see it has ripped a tear in one of our gazebos. We have two immediately outside our patio doors and across the full width of the patio. They are due to be replaced anyway so no big problem.

They are to lop the very tall plane tree that is close to the flats and just in our boundary on Friday, glad it is coming down as it was scarey in this wind.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2020, 09:40 PM
I love trees, but wouldn't want one in the garden when the wind is howling. As you say, Moyra, very scary.

Dave has been poorly again today, but not with his stomach. He's slept every bit of the day, hardly eaten and his sats are down. If no better tomorrow, he's going to urgent care whether he wants to or not.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2020, 09:45 PM
Oh Chris, must be such a worry for you. I feel for you. Try and have a good night. God bless.