View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2008, 07:16 AM

Was anyone elses dog acting strangely last night ?

I ask this as Ollie was from about 6-45pm till nearly 9pm now hearing about the news of the earthquake I was wondering if he sensed it coming.
He started to settle around 8ish when Gorden arrived home but not properly till 9ish when he finally gave in and went to sleep.
He couldn't settle would lie down whimper get up was breathing rapidly kept asking to go out to the front garden has to have his lead on out there then would just sit, he was jumping at the door to get out he never does that usually.
Barking at nothing then when out the back barking at the planes going over, never does that either normally.
Wanting cuddles and sitting by me all the time and mouthing and licking my hand. I was thinking he was going to have to go the vet when Gorden got home but thankfully he settled a little.
Wonder if it was the earthquake ?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Fudge was absolutley normal, did not even make a noise when the actual earthquake shook me awake.

Edited to add she had been weird around 9p.m loking up at the sky like she does if she hears noises/fireworks. She was flat eared and clingy.....son just reminded me.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 07:53 AM
No,I had just got into bed and said goodnight to them, they didn't seem bothered at all before.Meggie was unsettled after it, but so was I!!! Mack was fine.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Interesting it seems as if it was quite early considering when the earthquake took place, but animals sense things long before we do. We are only 25 miles from London and between 50 and 150 the other way towards East Anglia , Bedforshire ,Lincolnshire way I still wonder if it was that then as he is quite a sensitive dog anyway.
He seems normal this morning a bit subdued but probably because he is tired from last nights worrying.
I will watch him though see how he goes through the day, just incase he is under the weather.
Thanks for the replies.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 08:36 AM
ben asked to go out about 9 last night, but other than that he slept all night. normally all some one has to do is make a bit of noise outside and hes barking like a looney.
even the cats didnt wake up. (neither did i LOL)
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 08:41 AM
No, I don't think so. I didn't hear/feel it at all but my OH sat bolt upright in bed at around 1 am.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Ours where fine too. But when the earthquake hit all the dogs across the road barked..........obviously mine are to dopey to notice!!!!!!!!
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 09:01 AM
We live only 20 miles from the centre of the quake was v scary!!! But my 2 didnt act any differently, in fact they didnt make a peep when it shook...very strange xxxx
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Hector is usually the sensitive one but it didnt bother him or Bonnie.

i didnt even hear them when the earthquake struck. scared me tho'

back in the 80's we had on near Rugby and my cat was really skittish beforehand and he was bouncing off the wall when it struck but the dog never bothered.

strange how it affects some but not others
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 09:09 AM
i didnt wake up but china was growling about 1am....

just told her to shut up and thats it!!!

Only found out about earthquake this morning!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >