Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rahuls139
New Member!
Male 

12-08-2018, 09:45 PM

Ideal Dog Food for Golden

My girlfriend and I are getting our first puppy (golden retriever 8 weeks old) and wanted to get the lowdown on a good dog food throughout his life.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-08-2018, 02:28 AM
Goldens are a decent size dog so I'd be looking at something with a good calcium and phosphate ratio.

Also stay away from any food using Garbanzos and Pea protein, which is found in some grain free foods.
rahuls139
New Member!
Male 

14-08-2018, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the insight! We are looking for something with glucosamine too to help with joints. Any brands that you could recommend?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Be careful of to much calcium. It can upset the growth rate. Go with what your breeder suggests to start with. High protein foods can cause to much hyperactivity so be careful of that aswell or you may end up with a bitey pup. Likewise not to much exercise to start with either. 5 minutes per month of age spread over the day when the pup is around 4 months old. Before that your garden/yard will be enough as well as running around the house. If you think he is getting bored then just play with a toy or some brain games would be good.Like all young beings insist that he rests during the day as well.