Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2017, 06:24 AM

Daily Thread Saturday 2nd September

Good morning everyone

House looks nice Lynn and do hope you can sort out the parking problem.

You take care Griff we don't want you hurt again.

Never a dull moment in your house is there June. Hope you get the painting done today.

Has rained overnight but sunny here at the moment. Must try and move some plants this morning before it gets too muddy out there and take some more cuttings before it gets too cold.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2017, 07:00 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. Sounds as though you have got your day mapped out Sue.

Have a good day everyone, Hope you get your painting done June. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2017, 07:46 AM
Good morning all, another lovely day.
We managed to get a lot of garden jobs done yesterday. Or as Brian put it I was pootling on the patio!! I did manage to tidy up the pots, about all I can manage these days.

Today is washing all the visitors beds, please stay dry!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Morning all, we have sunshine here too...hope it sticks around for a bit, could do with cutting the grass i think...love a nice tidy lawn
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-09-2017, 09:29 AM
River for the girls this morning, they ALL rolled in fox poo and old grass cuttings yesterday, Zen is particularly disgusting
My Blue Magic is due to be delivered today. One of my friends buys it when its on offer from Ideal World, cleans anything, including rust stains, carpets etc. The other night she rang to say it was back on offer, so I've got myself some. Very concentrated and you need no other cleaner, worth a try
Lovely and sunny here, painting this afternoon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Evening everyone.
Been a lovely day here we went out a bit overdressed for the weather today. Long sleeve t.shirts.

Got the piece of pine for the horrible living room window ledge some bitumen paint to black the bottom part of the wall that should keep the rain out. Then went into St.Ives. Sat by the river drinking a Costa cold drink then git sandwich and drink from Greggs and sat at the other end eating those then a quick wander round the nature reserve and home.

Hope everyone is having a good day and everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2017, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning everyone

House looks nice Lynn and do hope you can sort out the parking problem.

You take care Griff we don't want you hurt again.

Never a dull moment in your house is there June. Hope you get the painting done today.

Has rained overnight but sunny here at the moment. Must try and move some plants this morning before it gets too muddy out there and take some more cuttings before it gets too cold.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Did you manage to do what you wanted Sue? what did you move?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Got the piece of pine for the horrible living room window ledge some bitumen paint to black the bottom part of the wall that should keep the rain out.
Sounds to me like you are really on the 'home straight' now with just the 'little jobs' to sort.

Really hope you can get it valued this month (or next) then you can start serious negotiations with your neighbour and if they don't go ahead then on the market in Spring.

I know what you are saying about them not following up on promises ref. the drive. Like you say there are some people who mean well but never seem to be able to follow through yet can't put up a reason for NOT doing something

Has been a lovely day here so out in the garden most of the day, SWMBO has embarked on a mamouth task to remove some very overgrown bushes, they are more like trees actually (In case you are wondering I did join in on some of the big ones but she didn't want me hanging around on the small stuff ) It will give us quite a useful area where we are planning gooseberries and blackcurrents.

So wish you all well and will try to pop in tomorrow.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Evening all.

Fantastic day here, weather wise, feelgood wise, happiness wise and dog wise.

Why I hear you ask weather good so in the garden Mom sat out doing word searches while I weeded, moved plants, split some plants, popped some tulips in, watered and then swept up. Got a fair bit for the salvage - wish I had room for a compost heap. But have to make do with my leaf mould bags.

Brook has learnt that gardening is time consuming for me but relaxing for her she has been day dreaming and just demolishing her ragger when the mood takes her. Oh yes she adores a raw carrot, and is no trouble at all, even dozing on the steamer chair when I threw the blanket on it.

Have been a lovely walk up and round the fields she needs to get a bit fitter but she managed the whole walk with a sit down in the grass with me half way round, while I watched an bird of prey hunting by the far hedgerow - no idea what it was. So missed walking with the dog.

Had a lovely dinner of ham, chips and egg.

Oh yes have some breaking news BROOK IS STAYING here forever.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2017, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Sounds to me like you are really on the 'home straight' now with just the 'little jobs' to sort.

Really hope you can get it valued this month (or next) then you can start serious negotiations with your neighbour and if they don't go ahead then on the market in Spring.

I know what you are saying about them not following up on promises ref. the drive. Like you say there are some people who mean well but never seem to be able to follow through yet can't put up a reason for NOT doing something

Has been a lovely day here so out in the garden most of the day, SWMBO has embarked on a mamouth task to remove some very overgrown bushes, they are more like trees actually (In case you are wondering I did join in on some of the big ones but she didn't want me hanging around on the small stuff ) It will give us quite a useful area where we are planning gooseberries and blackcurrents.

So wish you all well and will try to pop in tomorrow.
Sounds like my sort of day
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >