View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Largo and I have started obedience classes which I hope will make him easier to handle - I can do everything else except the running - he has exceptional forward reach which I cant hope to satisfy - we will have to wait and see. I have 2 other dogs which I can show because they dont stride out as far - so thats what I will be doing.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Thalice I looked at video's of English Setters in the ring at crufts and westminster usa and the handlers don't appear to run that fast so maybe if you slowed down a bit and told the dog to steady in the show ring it would work better for you. I know I was told to slow down a bit with my Border Collie and German Shepherd when I showed them so maybe a tad slower would be ok for you. Good luck with the obedience.
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2014, 08:22 AM
I am so sorry, My Flatty Retriever friend is unwell, so I have not asked her about it. I b- well cannot find Jonathan's website and just when I want to, I've not bumped into him out and about. I will try and connect him to you though. He is tall and strong and maybe just who you need!
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I am so sorry, My Flatty Retriever friend is unwell, so I have not asked her about it. I b- well cannot find Jonathan's website and just when I want to, I've not bumped into him out and about. I will try and connect him to you though. He is tall and strong and maybe just who you need!
Please dont worry - After Gundog Breeds of Scotland I wont be showing him again for a bit - I will be concentrating on 'Bootles' my little bitch. Thanks for trying.

Maud
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2