View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Great thread, very thoughtful. I will defs refer back to this if I ever move to raw (no freezer room at present)
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 03:59 PM
I do mostly use the same. I haven't used veggies for a while, but I think I'll give it a go, if nothing else, it can fill her up a bit And I have greater variation. Perhaps too much

I'm surprised how much your dogs get a day. Are they very active?

I have a lab myself, and she would love to get that much food, but I'm afraid she would be rather big very quickly
TWOSOCKS
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Excellent post x
JTVN
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2012, 06:01 PM
How kind of you to take the time to do this post. Very interesting to see what other's feed
Mattykeats
New Member!
Male 

06-11-2012, 01:14 PM
With child number two on the way, I don't think it'd be feasible for us to do this but wowsers - impressive stuff. I'm going to run it by the mrs and see if she'd be up for the preparation, ha ha
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna View Post
I do mostly use the same. I haven't used veggies for a while, but I think I'll give it a go, if nothing else, it can fill her up a bit And I have greater variation. Perhaps too much

I'm surprised how much your dogs get a day. Are they very active?

I have a lab myself, and she would love to get that much food, but I'm afraid she would be rather big very quickly
I feed by eye, as they've gotten older they get less, I currently have two youngsters, flatcoat and Labrador pup, who both get more than the older dogs. Indie gets very little as she's always comatose these days. Tau is still getting rid of her mummy tummy, so is on even less! That's partly down to my workload though which has been manic over the last six months, and now of course it's darker nights I've got less time to get her out to exercise her during the daylight, we'll get there! Her daughter is fit as a fiddle and keeps up with the flatcoat just about!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Fabulous, well done for posting this, will be excellent advice for all new "barfers"
It's fantastic even for us old hands. Very interesting indeed, I think I will print that out and pin it up on my kitchen wall - big thanx to Tarinmoor for that!
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2012, 02:10 PM
If anyone wants a pdf version just pm me your email address and I'll send it over when I have chance.
WESTERNGIRL
New Member!
Female 

09-02-2013, 06:45 PM
I am totally new to this and am gradually introducting prize choice minced meats but am unsure of the ratio for the size of dog i have three dogs two Leonbergers 130lbs and a JR 18 ibs. I have been giving one of the Leos raw brocolli but see that you say not to give it - why? Also someone told me not to give cauliflower - why? I know no onions or grapes but that's all on the nos. what about quantity of meat protein to rice and verg etc. all replies welcome.
MargotG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-02-2013, 08:58 PM
This is really interesting, thank you so much for sharing!
I'm looking into starting my girl on a raw diet, so I'm doing research and this deffenately helped! Thanks!
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >