Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I was thinking that too Dani, and I mentioned this to her, but then I said, the trouble with taking in a foster is, I would want to take something urgent and that might have meant something unsuitable perhaps, but she assured me that even if I took this route, they would only match me with a suitable dog, so yes of course, that is something I am still thinking about. She also said that it would be a way of giving a dog a bit of a break from kennel life, which I'd really like to do, but again, it just HAS to be something suitable for me and Georgie, I'd hate for him to get hurt if we got the wrong dog! With respect Dani, coz I know how difficult it is at times for you with dear Bruno, but not forgetting that I have also had a dog aggressive dog, and she was probably worse than your Bruno, she just hated anything with fur on it!!!
totally H - I know exactly what you mean - I would love to foster but its the one thing i could never do with Bruno !! Its very hard work having a dog aggressive dog as you know.

Hopefully they could match you with a definite non aggressive friend !!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 07:34 PM
He's just phoned me and he's coming tomorrow at 1pm!!!! That was quick! Oh it's all going on here!!! I asked him if he is bringing his dog and he said he was, and then I asked him if we should in fact meet up on the green first, but he said that wouldn't be necessary coz his dog is a PAT dog and she's absolutely fine!! Let's hope Georgie is, but he's fine with other dogs even when they just come round with their owners, except that they're always a lot smaller than him!! Can't wait now!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 07:52 PM
How exciting! Make sure you take LOTS of piccies Helen! I think it is an excellent way of seeing how Georgie reacts to another GSD on his patch, and it will also give you an ideal opportunity to have a long chat with the guy about rescuing another GSD at the moment.

Look forward to the pics!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh I will, I will! Trouble is, I just showed your piccies to Dave and he's fallen in love with Yogi!!!! He's got a new gsd puppy opposite the workshop at the moment which he's watching like a hawk!!!! Nooooooooo!!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Ahhh H I really feel for you your "want of another" is obvious but I do feel for you, I agree though breeds do recognise each other my Staffs never play the same with other dogs as they do with other Staffs.

Meet a lovely Staffie pup about 5 months old on a walk yesterday in the park and the bloke as enchanted that his pup played with Sal he normaly he said avoided other dogs, like the plague....such a shame.....I said meet as many as as you can just check first while he's a pup but the more dogs he meets the more he'll suss out the ones to ignore, avoid,play with and who to respect,....without meeting them he would never know, and miss a lot.

I may start walking in the park with a notice saying "pup friendly dog for hire"
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Hope it all goes well with the meeting today. Remember the piccies!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2008, 11:00 AM
He's just phoned me again, coz he can't make it today now, he's got a rush on elsewhere! Hey ho! Que Sera again then!!! I have to wait until he can ring me to make another suitable appointment.

It might be a good thing really, coz it's been chucking it down this morning and I would really have liked to have let the two out the front to play, well, to see if they would play together, so maybe another drier day would be best anyways. I always look on the bright side ya know!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Ahhh H I really feel for you your "want of another" is obvious but I do feel for you, I agree though breeds do recognise each other my Staffs never play the same with other dogs as they do with other Staffs.

Meet a lovely Staffie pup about 5 months old on a walk yesterday in the park and the bloke as enchanted that his pup played with Sal he normaly he said avoided other dogs, like the plague....such a shame.....I said meet as many as as you can just check first while he's a pup but the more dogs he meets the more he'll suss out the ones to ignore, avoid,play with and who to respect,....without meeting them he would never know, and miss a lot.

I may start walking in the park with a notice saying "pup friendly dog for hire"
It's nice when you can be 100% confident of your dog, which it sounds like you have in your Sal there Kazz!

We have 5 little pups up on the green and they all adore Georgie, and his tail goes like mad when they come bounding over to him, then they jump on his head coz he lies down for them, it's soooooo sweet to watch. How he tolerates some of them I will never know!! Yet there are times when he meets up with a mature male, that he acts very strangely and tries to jump on their back, it's all very odd to me coz I've never had this before with any of my own dogs, but I doubt if he would be like that with a mature bitch somehow, I'm sure it's a male to male thing he's got, and I'll probably never get to the bottom of it either!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2008, 12:48 PM
I thought I'd catch up on here and I'd see you'd found Georgie the perfect match, sorry you are still waiting

Please keep us updated as to how you get on won't you?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
It's nice when you can be 100% confident of your dog, which it sounds like you have in your Sal there Kazz!

We have 5 little pups up on the green and they all adore Georgie, and his tail goes like mad when they come bounding over to him, then they jump on his head coz he lies down for them, it's soooooo sweet to watch. How he tolerates some of them I will never know!! Yet there are times when he meets up with a mature male, that he acts very strangely and tries to jump on their back, it's all very odd to me coz I've never had this before with any of my own dogs, but I doubt if he would be like that with a mature bitch somehow, I'm sure it's a male to male thing he's got, and I'll probably never get to the bottom of it either!

I'm confident with pups and Sal no problem she is fine with the majority of dogs but hates the in your face sort.....but I was told by a police dog handler she was is a confident dog who is calm and gives off no aggresive vibes.......but I know being a Staff trouble can be a heartbeat away, so I am more aware than the average owner.
Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 15 16 17 18