Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 09:08 PM

Special Urgent Appeal

Dizzy

He is 5 years old and is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross. Dizzy was partially blind in one eye and completely blind in the other, even though he had an operation to both eyes late last year to remove cateracts. After a visit to the vets today, it is suspected that he is now completly blind It's no wonder that weight is dropping off him with all the stress he is enduring at the kennels. Plus he is sufferiing from ulcers in his pads because he is pouncing up and down at the kennel fence. His feet will not recover whilst he is at kennels and we are urgently looking for a foster home where he can snuggle into his own compfy cushion, play on grass and soft surfaces to give him the healing time he needs. Dizzy is recieving antibiotics for this, but the vet suggested that we have him PTS as it is no life for a kennel stressed, blind dog at the kennels. So we are pleading for our fellow Cumbrians help. We need a foster home for him..... and now....

(We have a no PTS policy, so it would never be an option and dizzy is safe from that).

Dizzy is a very loving dog who loves to play with water and he loves the seaside with sandy beaches. Dizzy needs a stable home where furniture would never be changed around, a secure garden/exercise area and a regular routine. He is fully vaccinated, wormed, flea treated and neutered. He can live with a bitch, but we wouldn't recommend him being homed with another dog. Dizzy loves everyone he meets and quickly wins their hearts. He is truely a special little boy, whose only fault in life was being born partially sighted.

If you would like to open your home to care for Dizzy with the Full back up of Animal Concern Cumbria - West Branch and live within Cumbria (for ease of access to our vets and food supplies, which will be provided for Dizzy), then please contact Linda: 01900 61669

IF anyone would like to cross post this anywhere, then please feel free to do so. Thank You....
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Oh bless him! I do hope he finds the home he deserves!
I would jump at the chance to have him if I didnt already have 5!
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Miss Potter
Oh bless him! I do hope he finds the home he deserves!
I would jump at the chance to have him if I didnt already have 5!
Same here

We are after a foster home though at the moment for him. Since we need to get him out of kennels to help his health. If a permanent home comes up first, then even better
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 09:10 AM
por guy...i would love to offer him a home but feel OH wont let me coz we are in a flat...
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Has he now got a forever home in view ?

Have you got an official website ? It would help & you can get a free one & it could help you rehome dogs & get financial support(donations)as well
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 05:44 PM
I would just like to add that having met Dizzy and seen what a beautiful dog he is it just breaks my heart to see him so stressed out and thin.

I just know that in the right home he would be so happy, all it would take is a little knowledge and preparation such as keeping furniture in same place, building his confidence up.

If only Oz was okay with other dogs, he would definately have had a home here, it upset my hubby when I told him about Dizzy too. You just feel so frustrated by it all.

It broke my heart on Monday when I saw him, he had lost so much weight He has had such a bad deal in life it seems only just that he gets a warm, cosy and loving home - after all it isn't much to ask in life is it?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2005, 06:01 PM
what is he like with other males? cats etc.
is there no way he can go into a home with another male?
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by chinaowner
por guy...i would love to offer him a home but feel OH wont let me coz we are in a flat...
He has lived in a flat in the past alhtough it was a ground floor with own garden, but if your OH isn't keen, then no it's not right. Thanks anyway China

Originally Posted by JoedeeUK
Has he now got a forever home in view ?
Have you got an official website ? It would help & you can get a free one & it could help you rehome dogs & get financial support(donations)as well
No to both... I have a website compiled for ACC-west branch, just waiting to get time and cash to actually upload it onto a server.

Originally Posted by Ozzysmom
I would just like to add that having met Dizzy and seen what a beautiful dog he is it just breaks my heart to see him so stressed out and thin.

If only Oz was okay with other dogs, he would definately have had a home here, it upset my hubby when I told him about Dizzy too. You just feel so frustrated by it all.
Monday was quite a distressing day for us all wasn't it. I almost hit that vet, but can see the point she was trying to make. All we can do for him is try and get him into a home albeit a foster home. Thanks again for your help Anne-Marie

Originally Posted by leo
what is he like with other males? cats etc.
We can't cat test Dizzy as we do not have a cattery, so we wouldn't like to say how he is with them and always use caution before recommending any of our dogs in homes with cats. As for other males, we wouldn't recommend him going into a home with a male as this hasn't worked in the past. Dizzy prefers the girls

Well Dizzy has had no offers of a foster home or permanent home and it's drawing to the end of the week. Feel like we're failing him
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 08:37 AM
So sorry to hear this and that I cannot be of any help. Hope this beautiful boy finds a home of some kind very soon
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 09:20 AM
ok...spoke to other half....he was up for it until he saw the post about preferably living without other dogs....we have china. if you can assure us he will be ok with her then we could come up and see him...see how they get along?

if all went well we could home her....
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »