Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2016, 05:55 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, May 19

Good morning everyone, very overcast here this morning looks like we are in for more rain.

Barry, so sorry to hear your news about your eyes. I had a dream last night that I was driving up the road and suddenly went blind. I instantly pulled up and turned the engine off and woke up in a panic. With Glaucoma and diabetes it does worry me. I hope they can do something for your cataract eye so you can retain some sight. Wish you luck.

June and Griff you talking about the possible loss of your beloved animals that are elderly got me going. I am sure I will not have anymore once I lose Amber. They just do not live long enough and then the longer they do the harder the struggle to come to terms with their loss.

Well I hope all two and four legged friends are fine today. Do take care all, have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2016, 07:19 AM
Good morning Moyra and all to come
Snap dull and overcast here to light drizzle thankfully muppets walked
How are you today ?
Never easy to loose an old friend coincidently oh and I were just talking bout this last night as Gemma's been having wee turns 13 now and we won't have her much longed like June hopping she takes the long sleep if not we'll let her go with dignity
Tweed sorry to read of your news
TW Griff hope the backs are holding up no overdoing things
Lynn how's Dillon doing have the injections been helping hope you hear good news on the car
Sue Mandy hope your doing ok and not working too hard
LG did Fagin approve of the new purchase can I please ask how's the tick situation your way seems much much worse this year
Nippy hope you and Mr nippy are both well
Sorry if iv missed anyone not intentional the old grey matters not what it used to be lol
Having to use the road on the south side of the loch single track with passing places as there repairing the main road closed 9pm till 7am glad to see it as long last getting done as the road was in a shocking state
Not looking like getting any outside jobs done now as heavy rain just started
Well better get on
Take care stay safe whatever your all up tooxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Morning Moyra and Norma and all to follow.
Horrible having to contemplate that awful day we know we will all have to face sooner or later. I admired that owner also griff having had a dog with lymphoma it really was the kindest thing to do for the animal. It breaks your heart no doubt but we have to think of them.
Norma Dillon is doing well on his legs thank you the injections do seem to be working bit of stiffness here and there but a lot easier than he was and got his bounce back. Very pleased we went down that route.
Feeling nervous today wondering what the verdict is going to be on the car.

Weather overcast here too and chilly.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Morning all,
Hope everyone is ok this morning,
Tweed I am so sorry to hear of your news
It's dry here after yesterday rain, not sure what time it stopped as I started work at 1.30 and didn't finish till 9.30, hopefully will stay dry so I can get Rosie out on a good walk, I'm off today so I can get her out whenever.
Right need to get stuff done
Have a good day everyone be back later
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2016, 07:41 AM
Fingers crossed that it's good news for your car Lynn
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2016, 08:02 AM
Morning all
Lynn, positive thoughts for your car today...cheap and easy fix thoughts too!!
Norma, i hope you have a good while yet with Gemma
Morning Moyra and Mandy, i hope you have a good day both
Off to get my blood tests done today, and i need to try and get in at the Drs...i didn't realise a load of my prescriptions needed renewing, i will try to combine the blood results and the prescription together
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2016, 08:08 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you are feeling well today Moyra and the weather stays good for your walks with Amber

Sorry to read about Dex again Hugs to you Griff it is not easy having an elderly pet they do worry us. I had to make the decision with my own cat he was only 14 but went off his back legs. No skeletal problems and he had feeling in his toes I gave him time in the hope he would recover but he got worse over a day or two so I had to make that awful decision. Broke our hearts but it was no life for him.

Enjoy your day off Mandy and don't find too much to do

Sorry ur weather is not good but hope it doesn't hold up the road repairs Norma

Fingers crossed Lynn for a good outcome for the car.

Sunny here at the moment but cloud is lurking. Not forecast to rain but who believes them anyway Bedding washed and on the line and then out this afternoon to visit a friend.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2016, 09:05 AM
Good morning all.
Loosing our pets upsets me too, obviously, but I think we just have to be thankful for the time we do have with them and think of the good times. For those of us that have rescued the other thing is that we have given them a happy comfortable life that they wouldn't otherwise have had.
Yesterday we arrived home to find a wood pigeon on the patio severely injured and fighting for life. Brian went to the shop over the road to get a box whilst I got a towel and phoned the vet to say we were coming. By the time Brian got home, about 5 minutes, the poor thing had died. Upset me for the rest of the day.
Talking of grey matter Norma, we all know mine isn't too good, well today is my youngest grand-daughters bday. So I made her a jam and cream sponge. After Brian had left to deliver it I realised ....... I hadn't put the jam in it It's ok she laughed and you can too
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Morning everyone, hope all is ticking over nicely for the dogsey members and their pets. Best wishes for cars and hope the weather stays nice for walkies and washing lines. Good luck with blood tests and scripts, Griff.
Nippy - why not send the jam seperately - nothing wrong with having a bite of cake and then a spoonful of jam! lol ! A word to the wise - jam is notorious for travelling badly in an envelope!
Norma - touch wood we have a very low tick count here - in fact they are quite rare thank goodness. I currently have my lot on the Billy No Mates herbal supplement which it is said repels ticks and fleas on contact. Though it is really hard to tell if it works, as with a very low tick count and the fact they have never had fleas anyway as they were regularly treated with advantage - there is basically no change to their outward appearance - I may just be wasting my money. In answer to your question, Fagin has shown complete indifference to his new lead rope/leash, seems he's not the sort of dog to be a fashionista. Wouldn't matter to the big fool if he were dragged about on a bit of bailer twine (I put twine as we call it bant down here and thought you might have a different name for it up in God's own Country) as long as it's me on the other end - he's happy enough.
Moyra - do try not to have dreams like that again it sounded quite ghastly, have you been having cheese for supper? Always does it to me!
Off out now - things to do and places to go. Have a good day all and as always, bye fer now.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Afternoon all
Mandy hope you managed to walk Rosie in the dry it's chucking it down here
at the no jam Nippy sure it tasted just a good
Griff hope blood tests and prescriptions have been hassle free
LG thanks for taking the time to reply re ticks 1of the reasons I asked is hubby just back from the bucks ,the ground is prolific with the little blighters (he's had Lymes ) 2of the recent bites the typical red bullseye now gone down leaving what appears to be a bruise pillock wouldn't go to A&E as unable to get an appointment even an emergency one till tomorrow at our own doctors
The muppets when working the ground are checked on a daily basis and have a garlic tablet daily not saying you still don't get the odd one but it does seem to make a difference
There you go learn something new every day bant ,yes bailer twine ,great stuff especially for hauding your breeks up
:
TW hope your ok
Right better think something for dinner can't have the old yin complaint hes being starved to death
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >